Ford 7600 conversion (Q cab pics for Deerest)

2 questions  72F

why is it silver ?

when doing the 2640 covo last night i took the axle from a economy 6600 & went to replace it with a 5610 front 4wd axle but the casting wouldn't go back together ? will the axle casting need fileing down a bit for the axle pin to fit ? as i've done this before years ago & had no problems.

2 questions? 72F

why is it silver ?

when doing the 2640 covo last night i took the axle from a economy 6600 & went to replace it with a 5610 front 4wd axle but the casting wouldn't go back together ? will the axle casting need fileing down a bit for the axle pin to fit ? as i've done this before years ago & had no problems.

The tractor is silver because I strip all of my conversions back to bare metal before I start them .

Yes you are right re the 5610 axle ,you will have to file part of the axle to allow the pin to go farther through .

Hope this answers your questions and make sense !

Yes it does make a model a bit weighty when its all metal .

This white metal is very good to work with but can be a bit fragile as well .

Dont let Nigel hear you say that  :D;D

I always found that white metal was good to work with  ;)

The bottom line is Steve is that the end product and the cab looks the biz if the cab will sit snug and looks like it should be there well then bobs your uncle  ;D ;D ;)

And you haven't let me down yet  ;)

• 1 month later...

Sorry, bit late getting in on this Topic Steve. Looks nice already, with the weightyness of the metal parts and your approach to painting this model is going to feel proper tough. I take it this cab/floorpan is available with the Super Q cab lid with the spot lights etc? Do you have the number of conversions you have done to date as they seem to be rolling into the FTF yard on a fortnightly basis?!!

Sorry, bit late getting in on this Topic Steve. Looks nice already, with the weightyness of the metal parts and your approach to painting this model is going to feel proper tough. I take it this cab/floorpan is available with the Super Q cab lid with the spot lights etc? Do you have the number of conversions you have done to date as they seem to be rolling into the FTF yard on a fortnightly basis?!!

I am affraid I haven't kept a track of all of them but its quite a few .

In the workshop at the moment are 2 County 1884s ,2 Ford TW 20's,MF 135 with Duncan cab and MF 135 with 4 WD .

Wow, a busy man then Steve. Glad to hear there is a lot going on as it means more pics in progress. Especially interested in the TW20's as I have two that I'd like to fiddle with one day as neither is totally original anyway. Saw the one Udi had for sale, damn money saving is getting on my nerves as I woud have bidded to win on that. WOuld like one of mine to look as good as that one day. Mirror's, handrails, bigger tyres etc ...

• 4 weeks later...