sparrow legs farm layout

sparrow legs

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

marky, a neighbour (sadly died since) painted the back scenes but the rest is done mainly by me with a bit of help from my dad, i built all the buildings ect. pleased you like it, must be good for you to say it is, i put a token massey on for you (mainly as my boss sponored us to put a mf with flail mower on) each time i show it i change the machinary around for different makes, im afraid im a jd man as you may well see. Had to put DT's first ever made 8430 on, got alot of good comments on it(playing with only six furrows on the back) may put more masseys on next time and less fendts. waiting for farmer the doc palmers comments!

Nice one Sparrow Legs - I was scanning for the Massey's... and even resisted the comments about the green things.. oh go on then John Deeres.. there you've made me sware now  :D.

That whole layout looks the real biz - Like Ben says... can we please see some close ups of the barns - they look fantastic.  You must have put in some hours on that layout - thanks for sharing it with us.  ;)

Cor blimer govenor!! Lots to look at there, love the 40series Ford, looks good from afar. You can't stop looking, something different pops up everytime I look at those pics. I'd like one of.... and two of .... and a few of them..... a couple of......

It's cracking Sparrowlegs.

Very True that... I've just noticed the bales in the field - really effective - the use of colour shades here is simply professional standard.  Sort of thing you take for granted when you look - but almost impossible to replicate on your own setup (for me anyway)  ;)

as you can see alot of the stuff comes from DT, yes it is the jd rape header, his 7740 ect ect. soil colour was easy to do, just 2 different shades of wood filler applied to the base boards. maybe too many tractors on layout but why not show them, ive seen more clutered layouts, a few farms round here run 6/7 tractors in a gang drilling ect, often 2 are tracklayers!

do the bales look ok, i need to make them a more realistic colour in my opinion but size/shape is correct as i made 80 with 4c last tuesday!

only get to show it at 1 or 2 shows a year due to the size (24ftx4ft)

as you can see alot of the stuff comes from DT, yes it is the jd rape header, his 7740 ect ect. soil colour was easy to do, just 2 different shades of wood filler applied to the base boards. maybe too many tractors on layout but why not show them, ive seen more clutered layouts, a few farms round here run 6/7 tractors in a gang drilling ect, often 2 are tracklayers!

do the bales look ok, i need to make them a more realistic colour in my opinion but size/shape is correct as i made 80 with 4c last tuesday!

only get to show it at 1 or 2 shows a year due to the size (24ftx4ft)

what are the bales made from??. working on some ideas with Marky for wrapped round ones ;) ;) :) :) :)

marky , i havn't got any now but i used to use that solid styrene insulation board cut to shape for big square bales as they are very light & easy to cut as for round bales take a look at some face painting sponges, dawn threw loads of them out before xmas(knackered) a little thinner than the britains round bales but the same diameter, as for colours leave them alone for straw or dip them in dye / water colour paint for grass or wrap.

;) ;) ;) Mums the word - do you think we'll ever get any of our ideas off the ground Ben.? We're a pair of think-takners arn't we? :D

maybe one day!...we need to have a think and write a to do list! :D :D :D

marky , i havn't got any now but i used to use that solid styrene insulation board cut to shape for big square bales as they are very light & easy to cut as for round bales take a look at some face painting sponges, dawn threw loads of them out before xmas(knackered) a little thinner than the britains round bales but the same diameter, as for colours leave them alone for straw or dip them in dye / water colour paint for grass or wrap.

Nice one Marcus - thanks - We were talking along the lines of turning some wood down and wrapping in the black plastic pallet wrap you can get - face painting sponges sound much better - will have to set my lathe up again if we're going to turn down some square and that's grief as I have to do it at work now (workshop filling up fast)  ;)