FB's scaloox house / garage

FB

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure why, guess the business wasn't there ??? There is a company in the US though that are agents but they just sell the moulds so you can cast your own. They are expensive though.

Yer I can imagine. I can remember some very nice kits on that site and weren't too badly priced either. Anyone got any photos?  ???

FB hi its Brian you gonna need to know a bl--dy lot about carpentry to put a roof on that building so far its looking good, do they do any other type of stone/brick work

thats where marky comes in :D :D, i'll give him a template and he can make my trusses!!......i'm really gonna cheat and just board it up then try the Tris plaster effect unless theres a cheaper lighter way :-\ :-\ :-\

thats where marky comes in :D :D, i'll give him a template and he can make my trusses!!......i'm really gonna cheat and just board it up then try the Tris plaster effect unless theres a cheaper lighter way :-\ :-\ :-\

::)  :D :D :Dcome on the Mr Holmes... lets get this show on the road shall we... it was a modern state of the art building when you started it  ::)

The author and the Topic ring a bell. .. .. I just can't seem to put the two together. .  ::)

Nice to see some advance being made in the building buddy. I like the woden door/window frams. Hope you manage to get something sorted out for blocks. Luckily I have mine finished but I can see what an absoloute ass it is not to be able to get Scaloox as readily now. Fantastic stuff it was/is too.  :(

Oooh thats a pain not being able to get the stuff to finish it. Just shows what can happen when you keep long-fingering things :-\

i know, i did email him soon after i started asking for some more but i think i was one of the last few customers he had which is a pain.....still i've had a though and chat wtih TM ;) ;) :D :D

i know it looks small, but its actually a few blocks bigger than the version the guy had drawings for :o, ,i changed it slightly but i agree it should be bigger :) :)....wonder how well PVA glue holds ::) ::)

The garage was originally a machinery shed that also got modifed

had some thoughts on this while driving down the M1 today....just gotta put it into practice :D :D

i know it looks small, but its actually a few blocks bigger than the version the guy had drawings for :o, ,i changed it slightly but i agree it should be bigger :) :)....wonder how well PVA glue holds ::) ::)

The garage was originally a machinery shed that also got modifed

had some thoughts on this while driving down the M1 today....just gotta put it into practice :D :D

Just had a thought on this Ben, you could display it as though it is being built. Add a bit of scaffolding, wheelbarrows, pallets of bricks etc..and you'd be all set. Probably be much quicker for you to do that than finish it  :D :D :D :D :D

Just had a thought on this Ben, you could display it as though it is being built. Add a bit of scaffolding, wheelbarrows, pallets of bricks etc..and you'd be all set. Probably be much quicker for you to do that than finish it  :D :D :D :D :D

mmmmm tempting :D :D :D....did think about doing that anyway for the photos to make them a little bit interesting....but as usual it didnt happen :D :D

i'm hoping, need to sort some roofing stuff out....and await some casting material ;)

Typical builder! Just got to get some more materials, can't work cause it's raining, just got to...... etc etc

GET ON WITH IT!

• 4 weeks later...

As there seemed to be very little posting today....not sure why, maybe cause the sun is out :-\ :-\, i decided to do a disk scan on the PC, during this time Tris appeared, must have had some spare time over in NZ....got here pretty quick!! :D :D so i conned him into donning his red overalls and white hard hat and got him to apply a first coat of plaster to the walls to infill the holes i cant be arsed to fill in with the scaloox bricks.....may need them in the future :D :D

post-67-132638577485_thumb.jpg

sorry for blurred photos i was laughing to myself when i was taking them!

Next up Marcus will be delivering some of the timber for the roof and Old Ford will be erecting it :D :D :D

Sean / Tris, any ideas on how to fill some gaps up on the outside?