Massey restorations

you have some talent there 1972f? :o

Thank you ,I did these over about 12 months .Most were bought from car boot sales and stripped down and repainted etc .I like theold masseys in their correct colours .The paints were all bought from Nigel at Scaledown Models .

;D good job as ever Steve , ................memories    .I used top play with corgi  toys...had a fordson with some kind of rear digger the mf and hedge cutter  the mf with loader and another mf 165......played them to death and have no idea where they are now........prob long gone to the great scrapyard in the sky

John

;D good job as ever Steve , ................memories? ? .I used top play with corgi? toys...had a fordson with some kind of rear digger the mf and hedge cutter? the mf with loader and another mf 165......played them to death and have no idea where they are now........prob long gone to the great scrapyard in the sky

John

Thanks John ,I enjoyed restoring these old ones .They were nice and easy to do and most parts are available as repros as well .

Nice work Steve, theres a couple of old red fergies(ist pic front left) i've not seen before there are they all corgi? ???

Yes Barry ,they are Cori MF 65s but painted in the correct colours instead of red/cream .

I like them better in the proper colours .

That 165 with the saw head was the coolest thing I had ever seen when I was a nipper! (circa 1970).

Are those cabbed 165s Corgis or Matchbox?

The cabbed 165s are Matchbox .They are very good but the tyres are a nightmare ,if you are lucky enough to find a tractor with tyres its great .If not you can fit corgi wheels .

Yes Barry ,they are Cori MF 65s but painted in the correct colours instead of red/cream .

I like them better in the proper colours .

They look great, think i need educating on the vintage Dinky & Corgi models as i always thought they were not up to much, Britains is best and all that until the new UH/Siku era of course  ;)

They look great, think i need educating on the vintage Dinky & Corgi models as i always thought they were not up to much, Britains is best and all that until the new UH/Siku era of course? ;)

I think there is a lot of potential with the older corgi and dinky stuff .

They can be converted the same as anything else .

Just on a smaller scale .

Nice work Steve,

I?m specialized for restoration of Britains, so I have two older Corgis, without any work on it. They need parts and new colour.

Are you interested? Than we can exchange with a Britains Model of your collection, for restoration by myself.

The Corgis are a MF 165 and a MF 65 with shovel.

Would you have some pics, let me know.

Blueford 

The cabbed 165s are Matchbox .They are very good but the tyres are a nightmare ,if you are lucky enough to find a tractor with tyres its great .If not you can fit corgi wheels .

I've got a mint Matchbox 165 and the tyres are literally falling off the rims - the centres have shrunk or the tyres have stretched  :(