Nicks farming photos

nick henton

heres just a few to get started let me know what you think the farmer is a market farmer with about 60acres of land which he grows all kinds of veg i think this is a 574 international and was brought brand new

photos207.jpg

top dressing roman eskues dont know if anybody has heard of them the top dresser i think dates from the 50's maybe earlier

photos208.jpg

next up the old belarous this is the only 4wd on the farm

photos210.jpg

3furrow dowdeswell

photos211.jpg

an old mcormick not sure on the model

photos212.jpg

not sure what this impliment is im sure some of you will know

photos213.jpg

the rest of what the mcormick was pulling

photos214.jpg

next up are a couple of photos from the roadless 90 event at scopwick

photos037.jpg

another one

photos039.jpg

there will be more to follow when i get them uploaded off the memory card for the camera any comments welcome

Regards Nick

The Belarus gets used most days the farmer has got quite a lot of old machinery and i will try and get some photos of them when i go back down there on saturday/sunday.

David i will keep the pictures coming now as im moving back upto the fens theres usually somebody doing something up there

Regards Nick

• 2 weeks later...

Some more photos from the roadless 90 event some not so common machines this one looks if it was used on land drainage hope you enjoy them

photos049.jpg

must be a huge weight on the back of it

photos050.jpg

from the back

photos051.jpg

another one

photos048.jpg

this type of plough ive never seen before from what i can remember the chap on the tractor could not get it to work properly

photos052.jpg

any comments welcome more to follow soon

Regards Nick

Disc ploughs as shown in your last photo are suited to very dry conditions, not typical British soils.

Bruff were a company that built drainage machines up to the early 1990's. They used Roadless and finally Jeweltrac tractors and fitted everything around it and sold it as a complete machine. They were based in Worcestershire but I cannot remember exactly where, Bewdley rings a bell, help me someone  :-\

Disc ploughs as shown in your last photo are suited to very dry conditions, not typical British soils.

Bruff were a company that built drainage machines up to the early 1990's. They used Roadless and finally Jeweltrac tractors and fitted everything around it and sold it as a complete machine. They were based in Worcestershire but I cannot remember exactly where, Bewdley rings a bell, help me someone  :-\

It was certainly some machine and huge as well i would have loved to have seen it working i bet its interesting getting it off the low loader

Regards Nick

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys thought it was about time i updated some more pictures

first one Cat Challenger

Picture001.jpg

he was on field trials with a subsoiler never seen one on wheels like this before

Picture002.jpg

by the looks of the hydraulic lines maybe could have something behind

Picture003.jpg

quite wide as well not sure on the exact width but i thought 4M

Picture004.jpg

now for something completly different couple of Hession rape swathers first one ive seen working this year

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Some impressive machinery finds there Nick. Great to see the pair of Hesston rape swathers. Although there's a Claas Maxi and an old Bonhill working not far from me very little rape is swathed where I live, almost all direct cut with the combine.

Thanks David,Theres not much of the swathing goes on around here either i was talking to the drivers and they said as it only a 3week period farmers are not willing to spend 40-50k on a machine that is used for 3 weeks of the year and then parked up so i can understand why they harvest it direct

Regards Nick

• 4 months later...

Hi all ive finally got my internet sorted so can upload my photos now sorry if some are a little out of date for the time of year they were took

Picture054.jpg

found this one where i was working in september its a brand new top of the range axion

couple from the harvest

Picture053.jpg

Picture052.jpg

i was a little to far away for this but a nice classic all the same

A lexion on terra tracs

Picture051.jpg

These was from a ploughing match and vintage day

Picture048.jpg

im not sure what tractor this was but had an old potato harvester attached

Picture047.jpg

I think this is a reaper binder im sure somebody will be able to tell me for sure

an old threshing machine it had seen better days

Picture046.jpg

Picture045.jpg

cant remember what tractors these was

nice little international on the first cut

Picture043.jpg

From memory this was used in the army not sure what make or model it is

Picture042.jpg