CASTLE FRASER STEAM FAIR - 19 & 20 JUNE 2010

BC

Three of the 10 tractor girls John O' Groat's to Land's End were taken up on Robert Coles black Scania together with Cook of Leven's Showman's engine. Transpires the 4th tractor at the show belongs to Gordon Riddell of J&G Riddell of Glenkindie the timber hauliers from Alford in Aberdeenshire. The Dexta is being driven by his daughter Laura Mathers aka Minni the Minx.

Gordon will be arranging to transport the 10 tractors from Aberdeenshire up to the start point at John O Groats.

The Dexta is looking immaculate and has been well prepared for the run and you will see a before picture if you look in the girls website.

I was speaking to Laura and she was saying Ian Sinclair of Sinclair's of Inverurie and the Post Horn Castle Douglas has donated 3 limited edition Border Fine Arts..."Tight turn" , "A days baling" and another one. Laura will be raffling these and hopes to be able to sell at the Highland show this year. So any of you members going to the highland dig deep and buy some tickets if you would like to be the owner of a Border Fine Arts piece ;) ;)

20062010001.jpg

20062010002.jpg

19062010130.jpg

http://www.tg2010.co.uk/pages/the-girls/48/

http://www.tg2010.co.uk/pages/the-tractors/49/

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fancying playing spot the difference ??? ???

Brian Fleming was there both days displaying his Corgi lorries but well a different display barring I think 6 lorries he said were there both days :-\ :-\

Saturday

19062010085.jpg

Sunday

20062010030.jpg

Yes Colm but none were the judges choice. Mind you there are only two judges to judge the entire show and well all that is done on the Saturday. I don't think the last County was there on the Saturday so well it would have been excluded.

I spoke to Charlie Gray on the Sunday and he was saying non of the club members were interested in coming here or even to Scone Palace...all of them were more interested in coming to BA Stores event and the County Club own event again at BA Stores  at the back end of the year

Yesterday I got sent a email by a chap from Real Estate at work who I saw at the show and was taking pictures as I was going around the ring in the old Albion.

Bill01.jpg

Finally the prize giving

20062010038.jpg

20062010039.jpg

20062010037.jpg

20062010040.jpg

I did not note all the prize winners but here are the ones I can remember.

The Mulco Trophy for the Best overall non steam exhibit went to Gordon Marr who is a MF mechanic which his 1965 MF 135. Gordon won best restored tractor at Fraserburgh 3 weeks ago but was only placed 2nd in the relevant diesel class at the Broch.

19062010012.jpg

The BASEC Trophy for the Best Tractor went to Vic Mathers from Kintore with the ex Harry Ferguson 1952 Farmall M. Vic was placed 2 nd against my Farmall Cub at Fraserburgh a few weeks ago.

19062010011.jpg

The Brian Anderson memorial Shield for the Best Steam wagon went to a 1934 Sentinel Dropside from Mike Drellan from Blairs. This Sentinel was brought back to and restored in Aberdeenshire from Canada.

19062010018.jpg

The J R Ross Cup for the best Road Roller went to Alfie Cheyne Jnr with his 1907 Aveling and Porter Road roller

19062010032.jpg

And finally the Wm Nicol Memorial Trophy for the Best Commercial Vehicle went to Stuart Walker with his 1960 Foden S20 Timber tractor aka "Growler"

19062010076.jpg

I was standing behind with Stuarts wife Pat and she was asking who the folk were taking the photos. One of them was a committee member John Shewell so I emailed him and he kindly sent me Stuart and Lewis geeting the cup. That's one happy little chap in the picture ;) ;)

BillCruickshank.jpg

Well thats almost it from the 40th Anniversay show at Castle Fraser. A most enjoyable show for me despite being tractorless...nevr mind there is always next year ;) ;)

The spirit of the Show award went to Mike Drellan and his steam gallopers

19062010001.jpg

Finally I got an email from John Shewell saying his 2010 photos had now ben posted on the Club's website.

http://www.bonaccordsteamclub.co.uk/

Yes, that's the one BC. I thought Scottish Aviation at first then thought it was a bit Duncanish! It seems a mix of the two! So the next question is when did Alexander Duncan start cab production? and what years were Scottish Aviation building operator weather protection modules?