John Deere 9020T to RC (1:16)

After a longer break with my plow (not finished), I decided to continue with my 9020T tractor.

I recently sold my very first RC conversion, a 9420T, just to start on a new one. This new model will feature a completely homemade undercarriage, with a walking beam and belttension. New tranny with Faulhaber motors and a Servonaut speedcontroller for track vehicles. A swing drawbar OR eventually a 3pt hitch to pull the European equipment… :)

Here is some pictures on the beginning of the project:

Mainframe is milled out to make room for transmission and rearaxles.

P6270125.jpg

P6270123.jpg

Left and right side of the undercarriage is almost done.

P6270128.jpg

P6270129.jpg

P6270131.jpg

P6270136.jpg

P6270132.jpg

P6270134.jpg

To be continued…..

/Kolpen

• 1 month later...

Here is a little progress on the 9020T tractor I am working on.

Belttension is a little redesigned with bearings in the 'forks' instead of placing the in the wheels.

The walking beam is now done. On the pictures you will see how I made the attachments to the frames.

The issue is that, by moving the two frames up and down from center/zero the distance is getting bigger and when the beam is attached, it forces the frames to move inward and therefore no longer parallel.

I came up with the idea, that if I let it 'rotate' over a square piece, it would spread the frames when the beam travels up and down. Also the beam will be able to travel backward (about 1.5mm) on the mid axle. As this disatnce also get's shorter.

Next up is the gearbox.

P8120211.jpg

P8120212.jpg

P8120213.jpg

P8120214.jpg

P8120215.jpg

P8120218.jpg

Comments are welcome as usual :-)

Anders Kolpen