The adventures of Marky and Penny... new to me on Sunday 15th August 2010

Lord Ferguson

nice updates mark , i was worried that like other busy people , she'd be sat in the corner of the yard for a while while you wondered just what you wanted to do with it !

as i have said to kev , if she was beat about , i'd spend the time to restore her but she's far too straight to be messed with & adding new parts is all part of the 'genuine article' . after all how many still in their workclothes & still working dont have new parts to keep them running ? not many i bet .

a little 2 furrow plough will look great behind her , then maybe your daughter can teach you how to plough  ;)

again nice update mate

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah so your hint's & tips with the hair & makeup is going to good use then  ;D

i would think penny's more suited to your finnishing mower in her retirement

No it's not  >:(:D :D  .. and I gave you those tips in confidence Marcus  >:(

Penny would be good on the finishing mover I think mate.... would be easier to get under the trees and things.  I'll have ot dig it out... I've not used it for some time  :of

• 2 weeks later...

Small Penny update...

Taxed now...

Insurance came today too... wait for it..... £10.55 for a year  :of:D :D  ... that's the cost to add her to Mavis's existing policy... lubbly jubbly

This means I can drive her home from my local dealers.... just need to find the time now  :-[ :'(

Small Penny update...

Taxed now...

Insurance came today too... wait for it..... £10.55 for a year  :of:D :D  ... that's the cost to add her to Mavis's existing policy... lubbly jubbly

This means I can drive her home from my local dealers.... just need to find the time now  :-[ :'(

Sound good Mark but can I ask is that fully comp and with insured value :-\ :-\

I'm with NFU Mark and am more expensive than that for my five. Me thinks me needs to shop around before renewal time next year.

That's the additional premium to add it to my existing policy I have though Bill of course... ie. £10.55 more to add a tactro with £3,000 value

Yes Mark I was speed reading again. That additional amount adds that one to the expiry of your existing policy so if 3 months left to run the true premium would be 4 times that amount.

On the values I seriously need to revalue mine since I think they are a little on the low side.

• 2 weeks later...

I turn my back for a couple of er...months and this is what you get up to Marky.  :D

She's looking well and those repairs will make her run just that wee bit better and more reliable.

The line up is growing......... ;)

thanks John... she's a real peachy lady as well...

I had my girls out for a play today.... here they are together... sorry about the picture as it was taken with my phone...

IMAGE_398.jpg

I picked Penny up from the dealers on Saturday morning... I've hid the repair bill from Mrs F.. she'd kill me... especially as I could have done it all myself  :-[

Anyway... onwards and upwards... she runs like a dream now

• 6 months later...

well time for an update... after parking Penny up in my mum and dad's garage since September last year I finally had her out today.... having recently bought Mrs F a smart car... me a new 4x4 whilst keeping the BMW for a bit of topless fun (ooo err..) I thought I'd clean out my garage to take Penny.. thus leaving my dads double garage to house the BMW over the winter...

Well that plan ALMOST worked... I've now removed Penny from dads garage and put her in mine.. but sadly the BM won't fit in dads garage due to them very selfishly wanting to keep a freezer in there along with other 'things'  >:(:D :D .. anyway... in short.. and after all that waffle... Penny needed a hand to start (flat battery.. jumper pack needed) ... but once going she ran like a dream.. she's now made the 750 or so yard trip to my house and is now residing in my garage.

b71a6ffe.jpg

There she is in all her glory... next plan is to obtain a pair of 'period' rear wheels and tyres (they are shot. with one almost rusted all the way through) ..... mix up some TVO and get her on the local road run a week on Sunday. It may be a tall order as I can be a bit of a lazy sod at times... as you may have noticed  :-[

That's a busy looking garage Mark...like the large tool chest 8) 8)

Oh and hope the weather is fine for the road run.

On TVO mixture  I use 4 gallons paraffin, I gallon petrol and I don't bother with the 2 quarts diesel ( 1/2 pint I suppose) any more since I think it oils the plugs. Last one I did on P/P was a 26 mile road run over forest tracks...never again.

thanks Bill... that's interesting reading... I was told the diesel keeps the lubricating properties of the fuel... or the parafin removes any lubricating properties of the petrol ?

I'm going to do some more research now.. although I have absolutely NO experience of TVO whatsoever... so I appreciate the information from someone a lot wiser than me on the subject.

What's the name of the parafin oil mate ??? .. someone told me it was greenhouse heating oil ??? is that correct ???

As for the weather... I'm on Mavis myself.. so it can chuck it down for all I care  :of:D :D  ... my mate who works for the local ag dealers is Penny's pilot... unless Kev wants to come over for a run with her ???

you really need to sort that pick up hitch out to mate, hows the little trailer going to go on otherwise without lumpy arround? ??? saw a few sets at malvern pretty cheap to

that's quite a rare hitch Sean... I think I'll be keeping it on her actually... I suspect she's had it from new... or almost new perhaps.... I won't be towing a trailer with her anyway... in fact... I don't suspect she's be doing much other than the odd spell on the sliptter or saw  ???

thanks Bill... that's interesting reading... I was told the diesel keeps the lubricating properties of the fuel... or the parafin removes any lubricating properties of the petrol ?

I'm going to do some more research now.. although I have absolutely NO experience of TVO whatsoever... so I appreciate the information from someone a lot wiser than me on the subject.

What's the name of the parafin oil mate ??? .. someone told me it was greenhouse heating oil ??? is that correct ???

As for the weather... I'm on Mavis myself.. so it can chuck it down for all I care  :of:D :D  ... my mate who works for the local ag dealers is Penny's pilot... unless Kev wants to come over for a run with her ???

Well Mark in theory yes that is supposed to be what the diesel does but unless a P/P is actually working and not just ticking over I have found they tend to oil up plugs...as we say up here best keep them "chappin"

As for paraffin well mine fell off the back of a lorry years ago..well not exactly but I got a large supply of aviation fuel. The CAA take sample from planes and well its gallons they take and then it is classified as contaminated. A chap who used to work as an apprentice for my dad used to do hot shot runs from Aberdeen airport in addition to his floor laying business and well he had barrel's of this stuff to dispose of..he even delivered it to me and well in return I gave him a litre of Bell's...well worth it I though ;) ;)

I like to operate on the principal if you scracth my back I'll scratch yours ;D ;D