Bedformers

As deano has posted up his work its drawn my attention back to my own future potato set up....i have in the past made around 9 bedformers and had never kept one so ive made myself this GRIMME bedformer and it,ll be the start of my set up...it,ll the easiest thing of the lot to make as the rest of the gear involves complex building.ive already been working on my next potato implement and part construction is slowly coming along....the legs kick back for clearing obstructions and ive put rams on the fold down markers...

post-1779-132639456538_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639456576_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

i used a UH LEMKEN 9 furrow reversible as a donor,or maybe there 10 furrow.....the tractor ill be displaying this with will have a front linkage and ive a nice 5ft hydraulic stone fork made....NOTE.  THE GRIMMES PLOUGH BODIES STILL HAVE TO BE PAINTED MATT BLACK....

post-1779-132639457371_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639457397_thumb.jpg

last 2 for now,if it hadnt been for see,ing deanos model i probably would have never put the pictures up........Ive a VERY special model made,2 of them and they,ll be the only 2 made.im keeping one and ive been waiting on the decals coming and they,ve come today so pics up soon

post-1779-132639457751_thumb.jpg

post-1779-132639457778_thumb.jpg

:of :of :of :of

Holy **** This looks great

I also used the lemken 9 furrow plough as a donor. Just cut up mine  :'(  to make some more ,before i got some parts from a mate that sold some stuff. Are these all brass apart from the plough bodies. Brass looks really nice but seems expensive compared to styrene.

Once again great build

They are out of this world Brian,they make my ones look sh!t :-[

Wouldn't say that mate ;)

Your's have a sense of NZ in them :)

Brian is building on another leve however! Very impressive, i sit and wait to see what he will build next....

yes deano they are all brass apart from the bodies....ive never used plastistruct to be honest.....brass is my 1st choice for so many builds and for the bedformers i just automatically went for brass....i like the strenght it gives and quite enjoy working with it although it is slower and also expensive..

• 3 months later...