new holland tm

Guest blake

No problem selecting gear on the 7740, but I've never gotten the hang of starting the pto. Selecting gear on a 4*55 Massey is a different ball game though!

And I've drawn silage with a (40k gearbox) 6640 and 18ft Dooley, and boy can that tractor pull!

heineken_logo.jpg

You want to try our Ford 7740 2nd to 3rd in high range is nigh on impossible, it just locks up >:( >:(>:(

Best not start on the kangaroo clutch either :o :o ::) ::);) ;)

Your right though them 40 series do pull, not as good as a Massey though ;) ;) ;)

I'm getting a pain in my shoulder just thinking about 2nd to 3rd on the 4355 - never mind the range change! (Oooowwww!!)

The 4355 has been back to the dealer twice to fix the linkage between the gear lever and the gearbox. The only linkage worse, by all accounts, was the 90 series Fiat.

For comparison, the 90hp 6640 was put under an 18ft Dooley, and the 100hp 4355 was put under a 12ft Lee.