flat 8 bale sledge

last one of this years prefered baleing op ,

looking at a scrap baler at mo to see if i can make the balers tow arm movable for raod or field to,dont want to destroy dt's mf baler un-nessercerly do i,had a tinker with that to and now has all the working back in so the bales come out  ;)  

post-46-132638535522_thumb.jpg

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come your on here if you have a powercut??  ???

power went of at 5.30 ish ,came back on arround 6.15/30 so theres the hr mate

oh deere, thats not a 200series MF baler is it sean? :-\

& the bale sledge should have a jockey wheel imediately behind the bale tailgate  ;)

no its a 124 mate,and yes the final wheel will be going on,just need to find a nice one to fit so on the hunt through my nephews toy box tommorrow while round there for tea, he'll never notice will he  ::) ::)

ah yeah 124,& 128 ,yes i remember now , they were the worst balers massey ever put their names to, never got on with them ,the knotters were a nightmare ,there were bales coming out of that thing all irregular shapes , if they managed to get tied  the  next generation of balers were so much better , i had the MF 4 contractors conventional baler & that had the New-Holland knotters , never missed a bale  ;)

can't remember what model the farms was,think it may have been the 124 but ??? anyway, they had that from new and never let them down any harvest ,apart from a few bearings going time to time,but nowt major, did a good 10000 bales a year if not more to

ah yeah 124,& 128 ,yes i remember now , they were the worst balers massey ever put their names to, never got on with them ,the knotters were a nightmare ,there were bales coming out of that thing all irregular shapes , if they managed to get tied  the  next generation of balers were so much better , i had the MF 4 contractors conventional baler & that had the New-Holland knotters , never missed a bale  ;)

the retainer  or tensioner cog that drives the packer gave up the ghost mon my mates today a 124 marcus 

heres a mccormics eye view

post-15-132638535618_thumb.jpg

yeah the bales fall in perfect mate,and the paddels move around to,just no springs at mo,may well have to add small wire from work to make it look sprung and hand draulic the paddels about,but the rear gate works by pulling the string and a second string will be on the center gate soon,as i can't copy the mech tha small as they were weight srung from memory so a small comprimise ,just finishing the 590 then back on to her for paint ect

• 4 months later...

Looks a cracker, gonna try and make one sometime, my Dad used one behind an Inernational baler years ago, thought the bale sledge was the best thing in the world when i was a nipper, how did the bales know where to go!!!!!!!!    :D

Be great to see some more pics  :)

Christ Sean... how on earth did I miss this  :-[ - WOW what a beauty mate...

And Marcus... I spent many an hour trying to work out faults on a couple of 124 knotters  :-[ - but they wern't all that bad were they  ???

bl00dy awful marky , having the NH knotters on the 2,3 & 4 balers made a world of difference  :) :)