Maybe a JD 6910

Well i have had an idea in my head for a longtime about scratch buliding a JD 6010 series tractor, i've thought long and hard and decided to build a 6910, BUT i am still thinking about how 2 put it together to be a top job model.

So i would like the help to over come this small problems that i can't decide on.

What rims should i use, (solid or open centres) and the best tyres?

fold up front linkage or standard front linkage with block weight or raffer weights.

a ordinary base weight,  a block weight or full deck off raffer weights.

I haven't clue. so any ideas will be very much appreciated.  ;)

For wheels either solids or valtra t wheels all round on mccormick tyres.

Definitly wafer weights

I wouldnt bother with front links but they do look good

Good look making the bonnet, evertime i look at mine i wish i did it slightly different

cheers robert i've the bonnet near finished measured our 6910 up and scaled it down, but this time i didn't go near britains 6410 bonnets. so its completely hand built.

Would the wheels and tyres from a Fendt 818 work ok? I'd like to see front links with a wieght hanger and a set of wafer weights on it ane maybe even a toolbox on the front of that  :)

It will be fat with those wheels now it should work ok, emm sounds like an idea with a PMA fold up linkage.  :P

Are fendt 818 rears not 42"s? would be inaccurate. The siku wheels that come on them look as good as any with the right tyres, or else ttv wheels

yes there far to big for a 6910, maybe mccormick tyres on UH valtra rims not to sure yet, and if anyone has these wheels which they would sell for a good price please let me know. ;)

yes there far to big for a 6910, maybe mccormick tyres on UH valtra rims not to sure yet, and if anyone has these wheels which they would sell for a good price please let me know. ;)

818 wheels should indeed be 42 s on back and 30 s on front but however if you put ttv wheels up against them there is no difference,actually the ttv front wheel is slightly higher if anything.i dont think the 818 wheels are to scale,have a set on a wiking 6930 and i think they look good as 38s.i used valtra t wheels on the 6910 i did but if i was to do another with solid centres id probably use the new claas arion wheels,think the mccormick ones are more suited to a 6610