Not sure what to do now

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was gonna say dumper lorry but you would have to extend the tipper bit?? ???, how about a longer flat bed using a steel sheet? like Markys & FB's trailer? (PM Marky, I'm sure he can advise you on the steel to use ???)

you have gone one step further than me goodhead, i just cut the wheels off an old lorry and stopped! :D :D

Can any one tell me whether a twin axle lorry like this would have a shaft going to both axles or would it be just the front rear axle?

One idea i had was a forest lorry, would carry logs.  But then thought a truck like that in real life would certainly have a crane. 

Is there a link to pics of his flat bed lorry? Marky that is

Can any one tell me whether a twin axle lorry like this would have a shaft going to both axles or would it be just the front rear axle?

depends on wether you want a double drive or not ,most 6 wheelers are single drive + a tag axle ,      6 wheel tippers are usually double drive,  flats & cutainsiders aremre commonly lift /tag axles ,if you really want to get complex you could make it a rear steer lift axle  ;)

I used epoxy glue i think.

Was a bloddy knightmare getting them to stick.  Its still a bit flimsey.

Which is ok because it not going to be played with in  sand pit!!!

I wanted to put the axles closer together , sadly the axles springs are in the way. I'd have to take them out.  Then it would look wrong that way.

At one point as i has already destroyed one other truck, i did have the idea of adding another set of wheels at the front and making them steerable.  But thought it to ambitious for a 1st conversion!!!

At one point as i has already destroyed one other truck, i did have the idea of adding another set of wheels at the front and making them steerable.  But thought it to ambitious for a 1st conversion!!!

i know what you mean mate ,best be cautious  ;)

would look good with a bevertail body and fit a hiab on the front (mines made out of a spearhead hedge cutter) pics of it are on my farm layout on the forum (sparrow legs layout)

i use glue from wilkinsons cheep shops, its BOSTIC in small tubes sets v.fast and rock hard 99p a tube, its all i will use as its so good

Like mjb says it's down to choice with the second axle drive... personally I would make it double drive. I did one of these last year, I used superglue to join it together and added some plastruc inside the chassis to strengthen it. Like you say, it does not glue together very easily, I tried all sorts of different glues and wasn't 100% happy with any of them.

Pop a siku logging crane on that now and it'll make a good model Dan, good progress for your first conversion!

Like mjb says it's down to choice with the second axle drive... personally I would make it double drive. I did one of these last year, I used superglue to join it together and added some plastruc inside the chassis to strengthen it. Like you say, it does not glue together very easily, I tried all sorts of different glues and wasn't 100% happy with any of them.

Pop a siku logging crane on that now and it'll make a good model Dan, good progress for your first conversion!

i got a siku logging trailer. its mint condition , so a bit reluctant to destroy it.

Could take a crane from a valtra logger set. got a few of them sets around. Do logger trucks have a flat bed?  And what would i use to make the bend polls?

i got a siku logging trailer. its mint condition , so a bit reluctant to destroy it.

Could take a crane from a valtra logger set. got a few of them sets around. Do logger trucks have a flat bed?  And what would i use to make the bend polls?

FP , do ya think the axles are to far appart?  I'm been told they should be closer together.  

They just have a frame work with side strutts, plastruc will be the easiest to use.

I'll sort you some out for it if you like Dan.  ;)

IHP did one on a Newray truck, have a look under "other conversions" for it, it might give you some ideas.

FP , do ya think the axles are to far appart?  I'm been told they should be closer together.  

Normally they would be closer together but you do sometimes see them with a bigger space between from time to time. I had to mess around cutting the springs on mine when I did it but it can be done. I'll have a look and see if I still have some photo's kicking around of it part finished for you to look at.