Not sure what to do now

I'm sure i seen the trucks at the council tip , the ones the move the pods about the site with bigger gaps. 

I also realised tonite i sold one of my old trucks a few weeks back, and it had the last drive shaft :(

I need to find a spare shaft from some where to finnish the model.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure i seen the trucks at the council tip , the ones the move the pods about the site with bigger gaps. 

I also realised tonite i sold one of my old trucks a few weeks back, and it had the last drive shaft :(

I need to find a spare shaft from some where to finnish the model.

if no one is really going to see it cant you use a bit of plastruct painted black for the shaft??? ???

It looks fine as it is Goodhead. Admittedly if they were closer together it may look neater/tidier. With so many lorries on the road it is hard to get the look wrong though, there are examples of every wheel combo on the roads if you look. There is a hay/straw wagon that comes to my mates place from up north. Fed up with mucky farms and wheel spin he moved the second axle, widening the gap between it and the third axle and therefore taking wieght off the front axle an onto the rear bogey so this could be your excuse also.

Glad this has been posted as I have three flatbeds awaiting a tinker. The main thing stopping me is that I can't braze metal which is pretty crucial for what I want to do. If I do the cuts would someone be able to do it for me?

here you go mate

http://www.britains-tractors.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=6207.0

will poist some proper pics when shes fully wheeled up,,tuked away in the back there as i had run out of space  :D :D

going to be a feed wagon,with the extra wheels ect,it is about 5 cm longer than a standard iveco chassi

last chinese six i saw was a logging foden picking up old poles in our yrad,if he is there this week i will get a pic or two

Tris's idea for a Hay Wagon sounds favorite to me - Would be simple to bend some 20g mild steel for the body... With a wooden bed - I reckon it would look the part - little struts from the cab bumpers to the front (I think that is what they have) - you could do a trailer to go with it Dan... I will happily cut you some wooden bales that you can spray up to look like big bales  ;)

Maybe the Britains trailer would be a good chassis to use for the trailer - may need to cut the drawbar down a touch - but that is no problem  ;)

Tris's idea for a Hay Wagon sounds favorite to me - Would be simple to bend some 20g mild steel for the body... With a wooden bed - I reckon it would look the part - little struts from the cab bumpers to the front (I think that is what they have) - you could do a trailer to go with it Dan... I will happily cut you some wooden bales that you can spray up to look like big bales  ;)

Maybe the Britains trailer would be a good chassis to use for the trailer - may need to cut the drawbar down a touch - but that is no problem  ;)

Woah woah woah!!!!! That was going to be a little secret!!!! Tell me more about this steel Marky, I dont think my PM got to you yesterday as I was having soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much trouble posting etc.

a top-line for a bulk blower eh? then it now has to be sprayed in countryside colours  as they're fleet is getting very top-spec & personalised  :)

na goinfg to leave it yellow and silver body,althought i may make a smooth sided one one and paint that yellow to???

theres a local haulage boy round here with a rig the same hence the convo i am doing,if i get a pic i will post it up,,his has all the side skirts on to,which this one will ,when i finish it

where the term chinese 6 comes from i don't know, but the axle configueration was a 6 wheeler with twinsteer & one drive axle ,been searching the archives on the net & cant find any as of yet

There were a few chinese 6's around here up until recently operated by one of the brewery's.

Woah woah woah!!!!! That was going to be a little secret!!!! Tell me more about this steel Marky, I dont think my PM got to you yesterday as I was having soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much trouble posting etc.

Sorry Tris... I didn't know it was a secret project  ;)::) - Me and my big mouth... Oops... I don't think anyone reads my posts anyway so we're in luck - I knew being a boring pillock must have a plus side  ;):D

There were a few chinese 6's around here up until recently operated by one of the brewery's.

very few about nowadays F-P good for the brewery i spect as it's nigh on impossible to overload the front axle ,but is very poor for steering , the last one i saw belonged to Haines transport ,a light blue ERF e series  ,up round evesham / tewksbury area  

you'll have to forgive any spelling mistakes this evening as got a pig of a cold streaming eyes ,nose, sore throat the works ,so i'm doused up with lemsip,lockets, tunes,soothers etc ,etc

how hard would it be to make one of them feed lorrys. the sort that bibbys use or countrywide. They have the pipes attached and suck grain.

I think TM is making one of those, sure he'll give you some advice if you ask.... I wouldn't think it would be hard to do.

how hard would it be to make one of them feed lorrys. the sort that bibbys use or countrywide. They have the pipes attached and suck grain.

yeah bens right , i am looking at one at mo,i have built the chassis and have started the bulk body to now,going for the smooth type construction for it,as its a lot easier to do,will post a few pics up when i get a bit further,just waiting on wheels ,at mo for chassis

yeah bens right , i am looking at one at mo,i have built the chassis and have started the bulk body to now,going for the smooth type construction for it,as its a lot easier to do,will post a few pics up when i get a bit further,just waiting on wheels ,at mo for chassis

::) ::)::) ::)::)