britains /ertl prestige and standard models

Paul Palmer

the ertl prestige john deere`s are more diecast, and a lot heavier and have more detail than the standard range , more of a model than a toy

thanks for the reply,i should have put, i was on about the 600 case quadtrac,but i suppose it apllies to these models as well,thanks

I did a comparison at G&M this morning between the Britains and Ertl Prestige Case wheeled machines and to be honest, I couldn't see many differences...one has duals and one singles, the marker boards are different but appeared to be the same use of plastic on the body and wheels etc and the different shades of red seemed to be consistent. I'm after the NH version but I'm not going to spend the extra cash on the imported Ertl model and just buy the cheaper Britains model and then fit dual wheels to it.

I did a comparison at G&M this morning between the Britains and Ertl Prestige Case wheeled machines and to be honest, I couldn't see many differences...one has duals and one singles, the marker boards are different but appeared to be the same use of plastic on the body and wheels etc and the different shades of red seemed to be consistent. I'm after the NH version but I'm not going to spend the extra cash on the imported Ertl model and just buy the cheaper Britains model and then fit dual wheels to it.

are the red and white marker boards on the ertl or britains version?

If you look at g&m website they have pictures of both. The Ertl has a full width bar at the back but doesn't have the large square red and White chevron marker boards which the Britains has at the back and front of the machines. The Britains ones are also cheaper!

If you look at g&m website they have pictures of both. The Ertl has a full width bar at the back but doesn't have the large square red and White chevron marker boards which the Britains has at the back and front of the machines. The Britains ones are also cheaper!

couldnt see the britains quadtrac on there,just the wheeled ones and the ertl quadtrac

Sorry - missed the bit about quadtrac. Here is a picture of the Britains version from the german toy fair

http://www.traktorenwerk.de/Fotos/Nuernberg2011/BR42552.JPG

If you are just after tracks for a conversion, you could prob pick up the old version of the model pretty cheaply now.

thanks for all the info and the picture,that is the only picture i have seen that is clear,and shows everything,thanks again mrol