I'm not scared to ask for help when my mind blank

it's difficult to say ,but at a glance i would say it should go with the hopper as it is,try putting the hinges on first,and then se would be the best idea 

As TM has said playing with the hinges will probably be the only way Ricky, unless you want to start cutting/filing things up a tad and not to be recommended on a set up like that  ;)

As TM has said playing with the hinges will probably be the only way Ricky, unless you want to start cutting/filing things up a tad and not to be recommended on a set up like that  ;)

Trial and error is the name of the game, without that where is the challenge??  ;)

Trial and error is the name of the game, without that where is the challenge??  ;)

Jason your obviously like me then  ;) wreck a few models first before you get what you want, when you've finished you look down and see all these parts remaining that you have broke, and all that money down the drain, but if the end result is good its worth it, then to make another trying to remember what didn;t work/worked last time to replicate it.  ;)

Jason your obviously like me then  ;) wreck a few models first before you get what you want, when you've finished you look down and see all these parts remaining that you have broke, and all that money down the drain, but if the end result is good its worth it, then to make another trying to remember what didn;t work/worked last time to replicate it.  ;)

Thats not a normal occurance, you don't need to wreck things most of the time..... Study the problem first, nine times out of ten you will get the desired result or near as damn it.  ;) I have pieces of models in box's all over the place, every now and again I take the bits out and have a cuppa while messing around and eventually it all clicks into place.  :)

Thats not a normal occurance, you don't need to wreck things most of the time..... Study the problem first, nine times out of ten you will get the desired result or near as damn it.  ;) I have pieces of models in box's all over the place, every now and again I take the bits out and have a cuppa while messing around and eventually it all clicks into place.  :)

Your right  ;) ;) but i get carried away with myself and i'm not as talented as yourself, i can see what i want to do and dont always go about doing it the correct way if you know what i mean, as you say take a break walk away and think about but no not me lets smash it to pieces first  :D :D

Your right  ;) ;) but i get carried away with myself and i'm not as talented as yourself, i can see what i want to do and dont always go about doing it the correct way if you know what i mean, as you say take a break walk away and think about but no not me lets smash it to pieces first  :D :D

I've a few spare 14lb hammers left here from my Tonka testing days, I'll send you one down!  :D :D :D :D :D :D

it's difficult to say ,but at a glance i would say it should go with the hopper as it is,try putting the hinges on first,and then se would be the best idea 

The machine will not fold up inside 3 m with the hopper in original place the hopper itself is rougly 2.6m

Pottinger and Vaderstad use a narrower and deeper tank.

Option 1: Use a Xerion as prime mover and mount the hopper on the tractor itself.

Option 2: Build a new tank from plastic.

Best plan, visit the www.poettinger.at website and see how they did it on their 6m machine. None of this girly Kverneland mincing around. Use a proper machine for the job!  ;D

Chop a centimeter or maybe less of each side and make it up with plasticard, the cover should be easy to modify.

has to be more to work properly, the height of the wheels and the frame for the wheels have to fit between the hopper and the outside 3 m mark, a can easily make it fold to 3.4 metres without touching the hopper but thats pointless. hopper gonna have to be scrapped. could do a front linkage mounted hopper???

I would question if you are starting with the right set of assumptions. The Kverneland is a good source of coulters and rollers, but the design isn't suited to a folding 6m outfit.

If you look at the Pottinger and Lemken 6m drills, the coulters are set ahead of the hopper and the drill is mounted behind. There is nothing to the side of the hopper that lifts/folds.

If you remove the front set of rollers and pull the coulters forward you could be able to clear a thinner hopper body that was mounted crossways on the chassis.

Zirkon-Solitair_176x117.jpg

Full size pic at http://www.lemken.co.uk/Zirkon-Solitair.jpg but it is bloody big!

Hi Ricky, The Seed Drill is looking great!! ;D In this Weeks Farmers Weekly magazine (17/2/06) there is an article at the bottom of page 75 about the new Kverneland 6 metre Folding MSC drill. I thought you may be able to get some ideas from the picture ;). It says in the article that they had to completely re-design the hopper (make it narrower and taller) so that it could fold up. You must let us know when your conversion is complete as I would be very interested in buying one!! ;D