Some More of Nigel's Convos......

NICE!!!! When tractors were tractors eh Udi!! Looks damn straight and tidy. How old is the photo B-Nut? More details please squire!!!

The pics are from '88/'89 when i was on a years YTS placement earning ?28.50 a week but i loved every minute of it :D :D. I got to drive the 8100 most of the time doing simple field work or various carting etc :)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ere Nige you dont miss much do you? The Northrop is detailed from exhaust to undercarriage!! Very nice. Favourite is without doubt the Muir Hil though, that looks fantastic. Can't wait to read your write up on the pics. Many thanks for the postings again NH2.

I went to all the trouble of converting the "puice"(?) Marshall Exclusive from the Conrad Steyr which is quite different, only to find later that any of the range could be had in that colour so I needn't have bothered sculpting the roof & bonnet to match the one in the sales brochure. One Dutch guy bought a top of the range MARSHALL D150 in that colour (about ?300 extra I seem to remember). The Northrop. Roadless & several of my others have suffered the dreaded wheel melt, heartbreaking as all the front wheels were made as one-offs. Don't ask me how I made them ....it was 20+yrs ago! AH... actually I do remember turning the Northrop axle out of the earth pin of an old round pin plug by kneeling on my old Black & Decker with the trigger locked on as I held a junior hacksaw blade & fine file to it on the living room floor.

Ere Nige you dont miss much do you? The Northrop is detailed from exhaust to undercarriage!! Very nice. Favourite is without doubt the Muir Hil though, that looks fantastic. Can't wait to read your write up on the pics. Many thanks for the postings again NH2.

Once again Tris for someone so young your comments are so correct  ;):D :D

Unlike someone i won't mention  ;) ;) ;)

ehh Marky  :D :D :D

I went to all the trouble of converting the "puice"(?) Marshall Exclusive from the Conrad Steyr which is quite different, only to find later that any of the range could be had in that colour so I needn't have bothered sculpting the roof & bonnet to match the one in the sales brochure. One Dutch guy bought a top of the range MARSHALL D150 in that colour (about ?300 extra I seem to remember). The Northrop. Roadless & several of my others have suffered the dreaded wheel melt, heartbreaking as all the front wheels were made as one-offs. Don't ask me how I made them ....it was 20+yrs ago! AH... actually I do remember turning the Northrop axle out of the earth pin of an old round pin plug by kneeling on my old Black & Decker with the trigger locked on as I held a junior hacksaw blade & fine file to it on the living room floor.

NIGEL I bought a cab off ebay last year i think its 1/32 a seckura "explorer" type

and was wondering if that cab would fit your leyland

the cab is quite detailed with cab strut mounts even the proper back pannel .

It would be a shame not to put it on a tractor that its made for as it has the air cleaner or conditioning at the front of it

All its seems to be missing are the rear mud fenders

You might know about this particular cab already

I will try & post a pic of it  :)

They were on the ERTL David Browns & Case Maxxums, but I expect they'll be too big for the Leyland. When I get 5 minutes I'll have a buchas. I was planning on doing the squarer cab for the next Leyland (270) but haven't had a chance to see how I'm going to do it, whether a one piece or sectional.

They were on the ERTL David Browns & Case Maxxums, but I expect they'll be too big for the Leyland. When I get 5 minutes I'll have a buchas. I was planning on doing the squarer cab for the next Leyland (270) but haven't had a chance to see how I'm going to do it, whether a one piece or sectional.

NIGEL this is the cab im on about I dont think it was based on ertl

but i could be wrong :'(

its not sitting on the floorpan quite right thats my fault as i have just rushed it on here

paid ?6 but i think it would look good with some fenders proper paint and on  a marshall or leyland dont you think  ???

Sorry F-P I cant remember who i got it off ill look in my archive tomorrow