ferguson tea20 serial number

lewis11

Have you got a plate with a serial number around about the steering wheel ???

If you have see if any of the number compare to this list

http://vintagetractorengineer.com/2009/01/ferguson-te-20-to-20-and-to30-serial-numbers/

If not there are two Ferguson clubs you could contact and try if they can help you. I can't remember their exact names but I'll try and find out for you.

thanks, the man we brought it from had it advertised as a TEA20 Petrol. its not a tvo just petrol on its own.bill, there is no plate above the steering wheel either but i will try the links and see what i can find out. hanks for your help.

well he was right to advertise it as a tea as they are straight petrol the ted is the tvo version and tef is the diesel versoin there will be a date stamped intop the dasting rh side just below the quadrant

thanks tim i will have a look when its back from the other workshop where the starter motor is being replaced. bill, I plan to take it to local steam fairs and ploughing matches after its restoration. but i guess that without a serial number it would never be a show winner? ???

I'm sure you will get enjoyment from the restoration and the rallies and ploughing matches Lewis. In addition you can buy plates and stamp a number on them so if you find out the year and give it a number within that year I'm sure no judge would be any the wiser unless he has a serial number listing in his pocket. Judging is never an easy task and at the end of the day its the judges choice however I have to say some judges judge the owner and not the exhibit.