Britains JCB 3CX Eco in Union Jack livery limited edition - New!

rorsday

While attending the launch of 'The Story of JCB' exhibition at Rocester, Staffs this week I was given a brand new limited edition version of the latest Britains JCB 3CX Eco backhoe loader.

This special edition, which I believe is limited to 1000 pieces, costs £49.99 and is based on the 3CX Eco backhoe loader that was produced with the Union Jack livery last year or earlier this year.

They were available in the JCB shop at the exhibition. Yellow versions were also there but I don't know the price of these. The Union Jack version, model number 42811, comes in a special edition box and looks stunning.

I have pictures, but don't know how to post them up on the site.

R Day

Either by a photo host site if you use one, Rory. Or click 'Additional Options' I think it is, below the text field on the Reply window. You can add up to four this way but they may need resizing. I'd love to see it :)

i think they have actually overdone the decals on it, resulting in the wrong loks?? if you look at the picture ian posted of the real one,in the other topic split from this, the union jack does not go underneath the front grill, or along the bottom of the bonnet covers either? ??? ??? ? well certainly not on that one, the rear arches are black not red, and none of the front arms are covered either, they are just white , i think rc2 may have  overcrowded it decal wise???

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,34796.msg725847.html#msg725847

bloomin 'eck!!! thats not what I was expecting to see. Well at least there's no need for wrapping paper.. ;D Its well disguised.

The real one looks all right, Think ill pass.

This being RC2 why do I get the feeling there's going to be more like this?

Brilliant!! Thanks for posting the photos up, Rory. I have to say.... As 'in your face' as it may look, I love it. A good (honest at 500pcs too!!) Limited Edition from a company we have all seen upping their game in the last year or so whilst probably missed being at the forefront of the hobby in the last twenty at least. Not only that, it is a of a machine that since its oldest derivative was first introduced has almost built Britain in the same way the Ford Transit can be described as the backbone of.

Excellent  :) :)

I'll just re-insert my post (which got moved to the other thread where it didn't make any sense at all!!) - it was originally posted after reply #5 by BC:

I was shown one of these at the beginning of October (quality of the tampo printing was a bit dubious to be honest). 

Interesting they should be selling them in their shop because on contacting my local dealer (and through them, JCB themselves), I was told 3 weeks ago that they had all gone !!!!!  :(" src="http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/angry.gif">

I was also under the impression that a lot less than 1000 had been made  [img alt=:-\]http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/Smileys/default/undecided.gif

Thanks Andy for confirming the size of the run - 500 is what I had been told from a reliable source.

(and on a side note, I would also point out that since the recent takeover, RC2 doesn't exist any longer  ;) .  Learning Curve, and with it both Ertl and Britains, are now brands of the Takara Tomy Group).

• 3 years later...

i think they have actually overdone the decals on it, resulting in the wrong loks?? if you look at the picture ian posted of the real one,in the other topic split from this, the union jack does not go underneath the front grill, or along the bottom of the bonnet covers either? ??? ??? ? well certainly not on that one, the rear arches are black not red, and none of the front arms are covered either, they are just white , i think rc2 may have  overcrowded it decal wise???

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,34796.msg725847.html#msg725847

it seems from searching google sean,there are 2 versions,so the britains model is correct going by the second picture

post-1769-0-86706400-1415818458_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-99309100-1415818474_thumb.pn

post-1769-0-48351000-1415818965_thumb.jp

Well yes Paul...I only wish now I had bought a second one for investment purposes but hey ho such is life and I didn't.

well at least you have one Bill,i only have one,and its the only model i have never unboxed,all my models get converted or tweeked,but this one is box fresh

Well yes Paul...I only wish now I had bought a second one for investment purposes but hey ho such is life and I didn't.

I did, but didn't get a mug or two even. What's on the mug? Limited edition too? 

Hadn't realised that it was a proper limited edition either until now.

There have been a few on a certain auction site of late, prices being realised are interesting to say the least.

Paul..the mug with the model is boxed up ...but if you do a search in collections under my user name using "Union Jack JCB" I think you might find a photo...if not let me know and I will look for the said photos and re-post on here

Interesting thread this. I know of an agricultural dealer who has this very model on the top shelf in the model section of their dealership and it has been there ages collecting dust.it was there 2 weeks ago when I was having a poke about, I will have to go and have a look in a day or two to see if it's still there.

Paul..the mug with the model is boxed upl ...but if you do a search in collections under my user name using "Union Jack JCB" I think you might find a photo...if not let me know and I will look for the said photos and re-post on here

Bill,am i reading that right,my mug was not boxed it just came with the model,only thing in the box was the digger

• 2 weeks later...

Archived