FORD TW-15 Conversion Q-Cab.

The FORD TW-15 Conversion ive been working on over the last few weeks is finally finshed. A Britains Ford 5610  (fat wheeled type) was used as the base. Parts sourced from Dave Towse & Henri Walker. It turned out quiet well, my best convo so far & im happy enough with it. Some were saying to use the ERTL version instead of the Britains ,but i was never really a fan of the old ERTL stuff, and found the Britains Ford would fall in better with the rest of my Ford models. The Britains 5610 as its orgins from the Britains TW-20 from the early 80's,so i looked at it from that perspective. :)

IMG_0714.jpg

IMG_0715-1.jpg

Cheers Marcus,Paul ,Peter & Francis. Glad ye like it & thanks for the comments! ;):). Im lacking a few 3cyl Fords in my blue fleet so ill have to work on that next. I keep on saying a 4600 & 4000. Ill have to get cracking on em soon. :laugh:

A good TW effort indeed :) 

I think Britains decisions to turm the 150hp TW20 model from the late 70s into firstly a 100hp 7710 and finally a 75hp  5610 :of  was the most legendary balls up in farm model making history!!  Although they have gone close to matching that level of incompetance a few times since ::)

i like this mate i see you have got a couple of the marge 7610 models pitty they are to expensive to chop up as the detail is fantastic

Thanks mate. I got the Marge 7610 4wd in Mitchelstown Model show last week.  65 euros . It has great detail alright ,but thats what you pay for i guess. I reccon it sould have been a 6610 tough judging by the narrow wheels & airfilter stack.  I see Marge have a GEN 2 Super Q Cab 7610 on the way for 2012. I dont think ill get that one cause ive a Dave Towse convo  SQ 7610 2wd built from a UH 7810 which looks the part also. The new Britains Q Cabbed 6600 & 7600 im looking forward to getting my hands on tough & they sould be great value for money. Just hope Britains spice up the detail a bit on them compared to the privous Delux cabbed models they done. ;):)

A good TW effort indeed :) 

I think Britains decisions to turm the 150hp TW20 model from the late 70s into firstly a 100hp 7710 and finally a 75hp  5610 :of  was the most legendary balls up in farm model making history!!  Although they have gone close to matching that level of incompetance a few times since ::)

Thanks mate.  ;):) I totaly agree. Britains did alot of silly things alright,but they could get away with it back then in the 80's cause their only competion was Siku who were also not the very best.  The Ford 5610 was probably the most stuipd thing of all. They also made a  major blunder with the MF 3680 by using the cab from the previous 2680 & then to realise the LANDINI 10000S which was just the MF 2680 in different colours was another big fup. Who in Britains gave the go ahead for these was never in touch with the real world. ::) They would never get away with it now tough. :laugh: :laugh:

Job wel done Justin!

What´s next on the build list? (or did i just missed reading that in this toppic?)

Thanks Johnny. Id say another  few blues are next on the list. I need to throw a few smaller 3cyl Fords into the mix.  Ford 4600 & 4000 ive been raving about doing with a while. So maybe those next. If not ill be on to Dave Purdue for them. :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

your TW is a great one  :) Bought some mirrors for mine but am not sure yet how to attach them. Did you drill a hole or are there more options?

cheers

udo

Cheers, Yeah i drilled holes alright using the smallest bit i had. 1.5mm I think. & some superglue.  Run the drill nice and slow. Too fast and you will crack the cab & little pressure. Then used Revell model paint on the mirrors.