Oak Mount Farm

jdman

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks harold  would i be right in saying you are harold poulton {sorry about my spelling} the lakeland name made me think i didnt make the 719 it was one of bors creations  the harvester driver always keeps a wary eye on the poles after a shoot incedant a few years ago and thanks again for the comment

Denis it's superb. You've got so much right I don't know where to begin. But, I especially love the different grass textures and the weathering. The use of different lengths, colours and types of grass is inspired - in the wide shots you it's looks just like a real patchwork landscape. Have you put heather in the long grass? And the weathering is just right - so often it's over-done and the whole thing looks so dirty you wouldn't want to touch it, but you've taken each little scene and only weathered where needed.

Oh and the telegraph poles - board pins I take it? Inspired... fantastic... what more can I say :)

Denis it's superb. You've got so much right I don't know where to begin. But, I especially love the different grass textures and the weathering. The use of different lengths, colours and types of grass is inspired - in the wide shots you it's looks just like a real patchwork landscape. Have you put heather in the long grass? And the weathering is just right - so often it's over-done and the whole thing looks so dirty you wouldn't want to touch it, but you've taken each little scene and only weathered where needed.

Oh and the telegraph poles - board pins I take it? Inspired... fantastic... what more can I say :)

wow thanks mandy that is such an amazing comment you have obiously spent some time looking at the pictures

Brilliant photos, it must take as long to set up your display for shows as it did to build it in the first place!!  :of :of So many nice models and so much work in them and the farm and scenery itself. Really nice to see all the old blues keeping there place too  :) Nice job mate, keep the topic alive  :) :) :)

thanks tris takes around 4-5 hours to set it up and dont worry i wont let the topic go dry.

well spotted sean she came down from farmmodels.net a couple of weekends ago i met paul and michael in mitchelstown and we transferred her from one lowloader to another.

didnt buy the hispec spreader they had for sale to then ? did not see the ford for sale on the site,  did look a very nice job they did on it

yes sean i bought the spreader you didnt see the ford because it wasnt up long enough to bee seen i had it snapped up ha ha!. they do brilliant work

• 3 months later...

here are a few more pics i found of the farm in june 2011 at first cut silage and hay it was a wet year so we got duggans contractors our local contractors to do it for us. the silage pit is on an out farm where we store a few beef cattle over the winter.

jan12036-1.jpg

jan12029.jpg

jan12030.jpg

jan12031.jpg

jan12032.jpg

jan12033.jpg