Anyone going to newark at the weekend?

Jdeere6910

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my first selection of photographs from the tractors on display at the Friends of Ferguson Heritage stand. Starting with those located outside.

First up a rusting relic which appeared to be part Cletrac crawler and Grey Ferguson.

P1120533.jpg

P1120536.jpg

Having captured an 1130 in the sale line up it was great to also discover it's bigger brother an 1150 at the show aswell.

P1120534.jpg

followed by 595, 2640 and 1250 tractors.

P1120531.jpg

P1120532.jpg

P1120535.jpg

Time for a "narrow" theme for this following set of Massey Ferguson photographs and further stunning restoration work.

Starting with this 35.

P1120551.jpg

Followed by Thomas French's unusual 132 4wd. Never seen one of these before.

P1120580.jpg

Lastly his pair of 135 and 158 Mk II tractors.

P1120584.jpg

P1120585.jpg

P1120586.jpg

I don't think I have ever seen so many Ferguson Browns together David :of :of

I meant to ask earlier did you find out anything about the cricket ball MF... ???

Echo your comment Bill, never seen such a comprehensive line up of Ferguson Browns together, they made for a very impressive sight. :)

As for the "cricket ball" 35 unfortunately I don't have any further information on it. My biggest regret from Saturday was not buying a program and studying the log sheets on some of the exhibits. :-[

Echo your comment Bill, never seen such a comprehensive line up of Ferguson Browns together, they made for a very impressive sight. :)

As for the "cricket ball" 35 unfortunately I don't have any further information on it. My biggest regret from Saturday was not buying a program and studying the log sheets on some of the exhibits. :-[

No worries David I was just intrigued as to why one would comesticaly 1/2 restore a tractor and I wonder on the mechanical side what they did since well you could renew stub pins or track rod end pins on one side but not so easy with the engine, clutch and gearbox etc ;) ;)

I think the only other Fordson lorries i've seen similar to the one i've photographed have all been decked out in military colours. :)

They are normally decked out in Military colours because they were built specifically for the War Office, for the last world war. WOT, I think, is an abbreviation of  War Office Transport. Built as either WOT 1, WOT 2 or WOT 3, these being different weight classes ie 15 cwt 3 Ton or 5 Ton, I think. These were generally an off road carrying capacity, being for military use and equiped with chunky wheels/tyres. They are very basic vehicles designed to use then current chassis/drivetrain components with very simple cabs, mostly of single curvature or flat panels.  :)

They are normally decked out in Military colours because they were built specifically for the War Office, for the last world war. WOT, I think, is an abbreviation of  War Office Transport. Built as either WOT 1, WOT 2 or WOT 3, these being different weight classes ie 15 cwt 3 Ton or 5 Ton, I think. These were generally an off road carrying capacity, being for military use and equiped with chunky wheels/tyres. They are very basic vehicles designed to use then current chassis/drivetrain components with very simple cabs, mostly of single curvature or flat panels.  :)

Great stuff Paul. Thanks ever so much for shedding further light on the Fordson lorries. Very much appreciated. :)

WOT WOT David .....Paul seems to know a bit about lorries as well as Britain's models ;) ;)

Sure does Bill, great to know more about them. :)

With time getting on I dashed around the centre piece George Stephenson Hall where there were yet more gems to be found both little and large. A prime example being this line up of classic John Deeres, 1020 through to the magnificent 8430 artic. There can't be many rallies in the UK that could boast 7020, 7520 and 8430 articulated tractors under one roof. What an amazing sight.

P1120701.jpg

P1120603.jpg

P1120620.jpg

P1120627.jpg

P1120598.jpg

Excellent coverage of the show David....but next year please take a "Dalek" to exterminate all those plants which really do spoil it for you as a photographer ;D ;D

Thanks ever so much Bill, appreciated. :)

Fully agree with you on the plant life. Whilst the odd one or two subtley dotted around would have been fine they really seem to have cluttered the floors a little too much with them in some places.

Continuing the main theme of the show of John Deere and Lanz tractors.

P1120642.jpg

P1120636.jpg

P1120645.jpg

Great to see both Overtime and Waterloo Boy tractors in attendance.

P1120633.jpg

P1120646.jpg

Lindemann BO crawler to go with the later MC machines seen earlier in the day.

P1120647.jpg