Tris's Britains of Yesteryear

Deere-est

Thanks, Wil. Yes the sledge may not have been out of the box, the bales were in the cardboard very tightly and the small cardboard square between the card insert and the 'key' holding the sledge in place was not marked, torn or roughed up.

Plenty on the list still!

Among the more favourable 'Wants' are:

Mercedes Readymix lorry in gold box.

Police Landrover in gold box.

Blue Milk Tanker.

Fiat DT (first ever Britains model for me).

Then there are many more further down the list but I buy as and when any come up at a good price.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahh that farmbase..I had one of those...time for a search on ebay me tinks

Nice update Trissy..like you will always have a place for the old Britains of my childhood / early teens / late teens / pension spending 8)

No Chris, the sow was one of a few oddsies thrown in.

Mandy, another one for HLT Miniatures!

Barry there is another on BIN for £95, I don't think it has the same layout come to think of it.....

There are such a cool collection given by you, really awesome. I have seen and really like that toys, after seen them I have decided to buy some of them. So can you like to sell me that toys? One more thing price is no matter.

Pic 8: is that a suckling sow? Britains?

I have 4 plastic suckling sows which look (as far as I can tell from the photo) the same, & they are Hong Kongs. Will sell or swap if anyone wants them, or other animals. PM me.

Britains didn't make a suckling sow in plastic, but they did make a now rare one in lead. It was only made 1948-59, Britains catalogue number #746, and is usually quite expensive, often offered at over £40.

Timpo did a nice sitting sow with piglets around, including on her back, which can usually be found at a reasonable price

(Edit to add: I have 2 0f the Timpo sow & pigs spare too.)

There are such a cool collection given by you, really awesome. I have seen and really like that toys, after seen them I have decided to buy some of them. So can you like to sell me that toys? One more thing price is no matter.

I don't wish to sound rude but if these were for sale, I would say so. I collect these toys because I want to enjoy owning them, they bring back many happy memories from my childhood.

I don't wish to sound rude but if these were for sale, I would say so. I collect these toys because I want to enjoy owning them, they bring back many happy memories from my childhood.

First thing I want to inform you Deere-est, I did not mean to say that as you understand. I just want that kind of toys for my little 5 years old brother, so would you like to tell me that from where did you find that toys? It is enough for me.

These toys are 20yrs old and are quite collectable so I would not recommend them for 5yr old child. However, Britains are still in business and so is another company from Germany, Siku.

Type 'farm models' into your search engine or on eBay and you will be amazed at what you can find to buy your brother :)

• 3 weeks later...

Couple of weeks ago now but this one can be crossed off the list now too. The eBay seller accepted and my offer of a lower price and inc. of postage and packaging so who can argue with that!! Box has a small amount of scuffing and the plastic tray a small crack but to find the winch had not been assembled nor the traffic accessories broken off of their sprue was itself a huge bonus.

DSCN0138.jpg

DSCN0139.jpg

DSCN0140.jpg

DSCN0142.jpg

• 3 months later...

Well eBay brought a duplicate for the collection for the first time a week or so back, the white MB Trac. It is infact in better all round condition than the one I already have so a replacement looms.

Meanwhile at Toytrac a further six toys, all mint in box came to my wallets attention.

Very pleased with each one, they look like ex-shop stock and I have my doubts as to whether they were even ever opened before today! One certainly wasn't and so still remains, unopened.

First up, Unimog wrecker. I think originally I had the Road Series gold box version but this will stay pending the right one coming along someday.

DSCN0013.jpg

DSCN0014.jpg

DSCN0015.jpg

DSCN0016.jpg

DSCN0017.jpg

No not these mate. When the layout gets going again it will provide a backdrop for the collection of machines I have used. ... or. ... . that's the plan but we all know what happens when we make plans!!!

You are much younger than be young hobbit but I recall having carpet fun with all of those beauties.. I too have done exactly the same as you in purchasing all of my toys of a young shrek

Great buys mate keep going :-*

Archived