Tris's Britains of Yesteryear

Deere-est

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

some nice models tris there .i was moving some models at the weekend and found a cattle truck like yours forgot i had it.

the mf drill ben was a direct drill to drill straight into stubble so needed extra weight when ground was dry ,i have drilled stubble turnips with one used to do a good job

When all the kids go about their iPads, DVD players, games consoles and all the other digital paraphernalia I don't envy them at all. There is no imagination nowadays, or at least not much anyway. Britains brought hours of fun for me and just as much peace for my folks too!

Wonderful personal collection you're gathering together Tris. I can recall fond childhood memories of playing with a number of these items on my own carpet farm many moons ago. The New Holland baler, Krone trailer, Massey Ferguson drill and Cooper discs were all part of my own carpet based enterprise. Smiling I am. Hopefully ( in between building up my classic collection ) i'll be able to aquire a few of these myself in the not too distant future. :)

very nice little collection there tris.

can someone tell me whats the weights with the mf 30 drill are for? its really puzzling cos i can think off anything ???

on the real drill you could add the weights under the foot plate at the back of the drill to help push the coulters into the ground ben,i think on the real drill the weights were cast concrete

• 2 weeks later...

Another little addition, although the furrows never did match up I did plough the garden many a times with a pair of these. :)

Not bad for less than a tenner either. I was pleased to see these twenty something year old toys fit straight onto the recent Britains 66 and 7600 Fords although the new linkage fails to hold up the three furrow reversible,

DSCN0308.jpg

DSCN0309.jpg

DSCN0310.jpg

DSCN0312.jpg

• 1 month later...

Another holy grail of mine turned up before Christmas after making a deal with an ebay seller who did not sell this first time around. The window is sliced on the front, which does let it down somewhat and is rather a shame as the box and tanker are in first class condition and even with the damage I think it was a steal. I did many a load of milk up and down the landing with one of these years back! :)

DSCN0654.jpg

DSCN0655.jpg

DSCN0656.jpg

DSCN0657.jpg

From Zwolle with love, came the following pieces. The post hole borer, mint in ox but the inners of the box show a little wear and tear where the toy has been in and out of the cardboard insert once or twice.

DSCN0658.jpg

DSCN0660.jpg

DSCN0661.jpg

Another unopened one, a few of these making there way into the collection and it always seems to be the toys more likely to be opened. That said they may have been the toys that outstripped demand.

DSCN0666.jpg

DSCN0665.jpg

A nice front loader set, another off of ebay. In complete and very very good condition. No visible signs of wear and so on, so it doesn't appear to have been one of many toys making up a childs toy box but another one of those that slipped though the net of childhood abuse! The metal rod giving the working of a parallel linkage was a well thought of idea. The flat eight however picked the bales up the wrong way around but at lest it did pick them up and hold them in place well too.

DSCN0667.jpg

DSCN0668.jpg

DSCN0671.jpg

DSCN0669.jpg

DSCN0670.jpg

And 2012's final addition to the collection and one of the last I bought/had bought for me when I was younger. Very nice box and a totally mint model complete with elastic band retainers. Also a toy replica of a machine I have used in real life.

DSCN0672.jpg

DSCN0673.jpg

DSCN0674.jpg

DSCN0675.jpg

• 3 months later...

Thanks to a tip off from Beady Eyed Pullover I picked up this off of ebay for a sensible price, another one has appeared with a tenner more on the price so this one was a welcome addition. Have not see many in the same condition either.

DSCN1185_zps5bb3108c.jpg

DSCN1186_zps816f19b5.jpg

DSCN1187_zps21dcb0cd.jpg

DSCN1188_zps7b02a974.jpg

DSCN1189_zps281b3790.jpg

That's all three of the lorries I had as a yougun now in the collection too :)

Archived