Unimog chipper combination, Model finished

WOW! This has been an amazing project Johnny! I absolutely love it! I will look forward to more of these amazing forest / timber machinery builds of yours!  ;) 

My cousin runs a tree surgery business & he uses a lovely old Army green 1800 Moggy with a chip box on the back & a heavy-duty winch on the front! He then mounts a Farmi wood-chipper on the rear linkage. The chip box is mounted as a three-way tipper so he can tip to whichever side is convenient with the chipper mounted on the back. It will do about 54 mph on agri tyres & is rated to be around 180 hp & he says that compared to a similar powered tractor, the Mog is much easier on fuel!  :)

That is just brilliant, is it based on a real machine in your area? I have not seen all that many people modify this model Unimog, so yours is even better. Such a nice change to see. Will you make a diorama for it?

Who makes the chopper?

Thank's Tris,

The model is based on a real machine only with a different chipper.

That one has a Greentec chipper, but it is almost the same.

The chipper is a Resin kit i have buyed from a modelling friend of mine.

But i have made a few things different than his.

I just cut a diorama tree up into pieces and i am busy with chipping... See foto,s for detail. 8)

I think i am going to make a nice little diorama for it, but i have not so much time for it.... :'(

post-3090-132640039254_thumb.jpg

post-3090-132640039292_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Very nice mog and chipper conversion how does the operator work it is it in the cab or outside with hand controls I am just interested in finding out how these work

many years ago I had a trailer Entec chipper which I would like to do a scratch build of sometime. O0