Whats the ultimate Ford TW??

bluegreen

Know them well Justin,If they only had a 7810.

Best TW of all time would have to be the TW-15 II SQ-Why-Because they were very manouverable and Fairly Powerfull for there time,They were slow but If they only had the power of a 25 they would of been the ultimate Tractor.Heres a Picture of one

Image021.jpg

SPACEMAN.  ;D ;D The 7810 was a little small for the Buckleys at the time  i reccon. It was TWs & the IH 1255 were running in that era & still are. Those yokes replaced alot of their Ford 7000s. They still have the AP cab 7610 for spraying tough.

SPACEMAN.  ;D ;D The 7810 was a little small for the Buckleys at the time  i reccon. It was TWs & the IH 1255 were running in that era & still are. Those yokes replaced alot of their Ford 7000s. They still have the AP cab 7610 for spraying tough.

Spaceman is right,did you here the story about himself and the wife

The picture of the super Q TW15 which is my all time fav blue tractor has exactly the same front and back wheels as the new UH models ;)

I remember one of the big local farmers of the time back in about 1986  used to park up a selection of his blue fleet outside his farmhouse on some weekends and this usually meant a bubble cab TW35, a brand new super Q  8210 (one of the first out of Basildon) and a bubble cabbed TW15 :)  happy days indeed.

Im hoping to recreate that scene one day when the model makers have exhausted all model fords ever released ;D

Thanks Bluegreen, appreciated. I certainly prefer the appearance of the bubble cabbed examples, especially the TW-15,25 and 35. That said a local contractor used to run whole fleet of earlier versions headed by a TW-30 for use on a large Hesston baler. It made for one very impressive yard full of tractors.

Thanks Justin. Rather pleased to have that little slice of TW literature to go alongside my photographs too. :)

Speaking of which, here's a rather tidy looking TW-20 I "snapped" at the Newby Hall vintage rally back in 2008.

DSC01347.jpg

David lovely pics as always, what's the tractor just behind this one to the right? I remember ages ago looking at pics you posted of some kind of Rally with a huge Ford (don't think it was a TW) which looked like a TW on steroids, do you have any idea, Ford 8830??

David lovely pictures as always, what's the tractor just behind this one to the right? I remember ages ago looking at pictures you posted of some kind of Rally with a huge Ford (don't think it was a TW) which looked like a TW on steroids, do you have any idea, Ford 8830??

Thanks ever so much Lee. The tractor parked to the right of the TW-20 is a lower powered Super Q cabbed 8210. Still an impressive looking tractor and another huge favourite of mine.

DSC01259.jpg

However speaking of the 30 series machines......

Starting with an 8630 I photographed baling near Kilham in 2002.

IMG_0002.jpg

Rare 8730 Dual Power spotted by my Dad at a country fair in Kent.

IMG_0001.jpg

Another 8730 this time the more common power shift version I found on the Blue Force stand at Newark this year.

P1120222.jpg

Lastly an 8830 photographed by my Dad on a local road run earlier this year.

DSCF1000.jpg

Nice thread about one of my favourite tractor species  8).

I am a huge fan of the TW range and there smaller similar styled cousins, i think the 5700 was the smallest though these was not sold in the UK, the 700 series was launched in 1976, TWs in 1979 and the last of the 30 series was built in 1994  the same basic design lasted for 18 years so the design was obviously a good one.

As to my personal favourites i would have to say the later super Q cabbed TW 25/35 are the best looking as they just ooze power and purposefulness, i do like the compactness of the TW 10/15 and the TW 20 though.

If i had to pick a real fave i  think it would have to be the big TW based Countys the long nosed 1474 and the mighty 1884 are without doubt my favourite tractors ever produced and i have had a love affair with these iconic machines since childhood..

Nice thread about one of my favourite tractor species  8) .

I am a huge fan of the TW range and there smaller similar styled cousins, i think the 5700 was the smallest though these was not sold in the UK, the 700 series was launched in 1976, TWs in 1979 and the last of the 30 series was built in 1994  the same basic design lasted for 18 years so the design was obviously a good one.

As to my personal favourites i would have to say the later super Q cabbed TW 25/35 are the best looking as they just ooze power and purposefulness, i do like the compactness of the TW 10/15 and the TW 20 though.

If i had to pick a real fave i  think it would have to be the big TW based Countys the long nosed 1474 and the mighty 1884 are without doubt my favourite tractors ever produced and i have had a love affair with these iconic machines since childhood..

I have to agree about the TW "love affair" as well ;D  although the old TWs have been bettered many times by many other machines particuarly big green and yellow ones I dont think that any other tractor model or brand has ever or indeed will ever be able to match the "charisma" factor of the Ford TW range.  To me it is THE ICON of all iconic tractors :)

Nice thread about one of my favourite tractor species  8) .

Echo your's and bluegreen's comments Steve regards the styling merits of these tractors, the same applies to a number of other tractors styling conceived in the late '70s and throughout the '80s. So much more appealing than any of their modern counterparts. Whilst I fully appreciate when farmers and contractors choose to purchase a new tractor aesthetic appeal is probably low on the list of priorities when weighing up the pros and cons of buying a modern new tractor. Each to their own but for an enthusiast like myself they don't carry anywhere near as much appeal. Tractors these days are seemingly styled by make up artists. You only have to look at McCormick's TTX tractors to know they come off the production line caked in eyeliner. It's one of the main reasons i'm now replacing most of the modern tractors in my minaiture collection with tractors from the '70s, '80s and early '90s. Childhood memories of the real machines and the fact they look so purposeful.

Thanks for posting up photographs of the highly impressive County 1884 too Francis. :)

Back to the theme of this wonderful thread. I've been scouting my photographic archives for Ford tractors that share the same styling cues.

Flat tyred TW-15 that appeared in the auction at Newark Tractor and Heritage Show 2010.

DSC00717.jpg

My own very basic Ertl TW-15 that resides in my collection.

P1130433.jpg

P1130434.jpg

P1130435.jpg

Followed by a nice looking 9700 conversion that appears to be based on the same tractor I photographed on display at Zwolle.

P1130044-1.jpg

More Fords with similar styling.....

A 7710 that I photographed at York machinery sale several years ago.

IMGfords_0001.jpg

Followed by a 7910 on bowser duty at the World Ploughing Championships at Lincolnshire Showground in 2000.

IMGfords_0002.jpg

8100 on display at Newby Hall in 2008.

DSC01344.jpg

Much modified and restored 8100 at the Great Yorkshire Steam Rally earlier this year.

P1070276.jpg

An even more modified 8100 tractor puller at Newark Tractor and Heritage Show this year.

P1120337-1.jpg

Smart 8200 on the Blue Force stand also at Newark.

P1120231-1.jpg

Next up my fascination with one particular Ford that brings back a huge amount of childhood memories. The bubble cabbed 8210.

First up a 2wd example which I believe was bought from an auction that featured in an edition of Classic Tractor magazine many moons ago.

DSC032821.jpg

Another 2wd example seen for sale on second hand tractor dealer G.M. Stephenson's stand at Driffield Show in 2010.

DSC07602.jpg

4wd version that appeared on offer at the Cheffins sale at the Great Yorkshire Showground, Harrogate.

P1090045.jpg

Edward Redden's tidy example seen on the Blue Force stand at Newark this year.

P1120230-1.jpg

Back to the same ploughing match the TW-15 appeared at, another 8210 photographed by my Dad around 20 years ago.

IMGfords_0003.jpg

My favourite of the lot, and one of the main reasons I love these tractors so much. This tractor belonged to a local contractor who was brought in to harvest potatoes up at my Uncle's farm in Dalby Forest alongside his own 5610 and 6610 2wd tractors. For little me viewing the tractor in action at the time I thought it was huge and much more powerful than it actually was.

IMGfords_0004.jpg

Lovely models chaps and fantastic photos, i have great memories working on big Fords during my apprentiship at Harris of Hereford a Ford dealership way back in 1989, a few off the top of my head include spending a week on and off re-building the engine of a almost new 8210 that had put a leg out of bed, that was nasty!, washing down many times a TW-25 demonstrater plus helping to service many 700, 7710, 7910 and 8210 series tractors on there respective farms also the odd TW-10/15 though i can not recall working on a TW-30/35 though i do remember seeing a brand new cab-less TW-35 on the back of a lorry in the yard once who arrived to deliver yet another factory fresh 7810 that was selling like hot cakes at the time!!. I also remember spending a day in a middle of a feild working on a old 9600 that was a bit of beast, it failed halfway through spreading a load of chicken offal/poo the smell was interesting to say the least.. :of.. Oh those was the days.. :laugh: