harbro feed bags 1:32

• 2 months later...

Looks great. Who made the original model that you made the resin cast from?

I was looking at your website and I made an observation that a lot of your stuff is resin cast and I was wondering if you could tell me how to make a cast and what materials I would need because I didn't fancy making hundreds of these for a chain harrow.post-3284-0-39101500-1328646367_thumb.jp

I was looking at your website and I made an observation that a lot of your stuff is resin cast and I was wondering if you could tell me how to make a cast and what materials I would need because I didn't fancy making hundreds of these for a chain harrow.post-3284-0-39101500-1328646367_thumb.jp

Robert, everything we have is made for us (which is how many scratch-builders work, as resin isn't the easiest medium to work with and if you're selling your product you need it to be perfect). We have a full-time sculptor who makes all our models according to our design and then the original master is either sent to the foundry to be cast in white metal or to our resin caster. I can't tell how thick your harrow is, but could you use etched brass? I think there's someone on FTF who does it's - it's far cheaper than resin or white metal casting and the results are excellent.