Jump to content

Muir Hill 121- Finished!

Recommended Posts

As mentioned elsewhere I decided to have a 1st go at a scratch built (with a few donor parts!) so had to choose my number one fave tractor, the legendary Muir Hill 121. Sadly I have neither the tools or the know-how yet for a perfect scale so I have had to use a bit of guess work and a keen eye but I'm pleased so far. Started off with a scrap Britains MF chassis, cut it down before embarking upon trying to re-create the Muir Hills rather awkward angles for the bonnet and back arches.

Have since added a rear linkage hand built from farmmodels.nl, wheels from a UH MF1200, interior seat, steering wheel, exhaust and pedals from a UH Ford 7810, an air filter including half from a Britains MF1250 and half from a Ford 7810, mesh grill (make from a sieve  :of) and front lights from a JCB loadall.

Still lots to do including the cab which is in progress, front weights, inner skirts and decals. More to come soon  :)

** You'll note the topic has changed slightly as I have decided to do a 121 not a 141 as the grille was proving tricky. The main body is very similar only the cab and grille is very different.




Edited by MuirHillyBilly
Link to comment
Share on other sites

:of :of :of :of

love it. love it. great job with the bonnet and muguards. looks spool on!

is that a 6290 chassis? and how u do the front axle?

i'd planed to do a 121 but never got it finished. drew out the pictures but that as far as i got.  :(

The chassis is off a MF2680, although there was little left of it as I had to cut it down a lot, used this chassis mainly for the engine design. The front axle is off a Ford FW-60 and will have to be fixed as I don't have the tools to pivot it so it can turn.

Thanks to you all for the positive comments  :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Very tidy Lee , gping to be a cracker once do e. How did you get on with the finish of the yellow paint ? I hate yellow when I do stuff always seems to go wishy washy for me and needs a good few coats to get it ok

You are right, once primed it took several coats of a airbrushed yellow as it took a while to take, then I added a couple of coats of brighter Tamiya yellow and it seems to have taken. The first few coats almost disappeared  :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.