Moss Hill Farm

robertw1

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I love the barn, I hope you don't mind but here is one I made a couple of years ago. The roof took ages to make, each tile is individually laid :huh:

Just realised I do not actually have a photo of it close up and finished! So here is an overview with the barn at the rear of the shot.

post-212-0-72785300-1330884173_thumb.jpg

I love the barn, I hope you don't mind but here is one I made a couple of years ago. The roof took ages to make, each tile is individually laid :huh:

Just realised I do not actually have a photo of it close up and finished! So here is an overview with the barn at the rear of the shot.

Thanks do you think I should put a stable door in the doorway at the side?

Well I refer to mine as a Granary, based on barns like this which I have seen around the south of England mainly. It has large doors both sides, opposite eachother for the carts to drive straight through. To the right of the doors (as you look at the barn) is a second floor where the sacks of grain would have been stored, later loaded onto carts parked outside belowa small single door with a bag hoist. Your barn looks much the same from the outside, an old granary/grain store.

Yer it does now you mention it but I don't know whether it would fit in with the rest of the layout as all the surrounding fields are not suited for arable crops and the farm that I am planing on building to go with it is all livestock.

Do you think it would work all right as a old style lambing shed/small cow barn?

Archived