Grimme GT170- Picking Table

Thanks for all positive feedback guys

Very nice job. Those footplates look well - accurate drilling.  ;)

Thanks for noticing the drilling. Very time consuming but i think it gives a good effect.

Very nice job. Those footplates look well - accurate drilling.  ;)

Well noticed Ghost. I still have to measure these on the real machine and then get them fitted before the cover goes on.

good job davy....this is another of them jobs that i thought id have done by now but sadly time didnt allow as yet,all my time  since moira has been involved in a large order for me for some 22 models which will be along later next year and then ill get back to a good headscratcher of a build......what do you think of the ros gt? its certainly nice that there,s a base there to convert upon as starting from scratch would really consume the days....

very tidy David, is it permanently fixed in place then?? or removable?? . what are you planning to make the cover from to

Thanks Sean. It's removable. I got film yesterday for making the cover with. Its the stuff used to cover model planes with. I haven't tried it yet but i think it should work.

good job davy....this is another of them jobs that i thought id have done by now but sadly time didnt allow as yet,all my time  since moira has been involved in a large order for me for some 22 models which will be along later next year and then ill get back to a good headscratcher of a build......what do you think of the ros gt? its certainly nice that there,s a base there to convert upon as starting from scratch would really consume the days....

cheers brian. 22 models- that is a big order. I like the Ros GT. Its a very accurate model. Although I'll probably do what you were talking about and make new rams for it as this is the only part i see that lets the model down.

• 2 months later...

Thanks guys.

Hillview- I really haven't a clue how long it took. I just did bits here and there when I'd time. Lots of hours involved but it was a labour of love.

Tractorman810- the cover is film that's used to cover model aeroplanes, I got it from a local model shop. It worked well cause it's nice and thin.

That will be Solartex,the model aeroplane guy's use it for covering wing's etc,you use a Solartex hot iron to join it,it's what I used for the front cover of my Krone BigX 1100 with the XDisc,i didn't need an iron though,

XDiscg.jpg

Regards

Joe.http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_npmv=3&_trksid=m570.l2736&_nkw=Solartex

Edited by catkom3