County Tractors at work and play

BC

There have been a couple of posts on here in the past day or so on County tractors so I though I would share photos of some of them I have captured at work and at play.

The first two were still being used by a Forestry contractor when they were clearing a wood a couple of miles from me.

ST836814.jpg

ST836815.jpg

ST836808.jpg

ST836809.jpg

ST836817.jpg

At my local vintage rally there is always a large contingent of County's all of who are members of the Scottish County Tractor Club.

The first picture is a County Super 4

Crathes130.jpg

In 2009 after the parade of County's they decided to hitch up 4 of the larger County's behind the smaller Super 4 and see if it could pull them around the ring.

Crathes142.jpg

Crathes141.jpg

Crathes140.jpg

Wonderful pictures of wonderful tractors  :)

Thanks Lee. I must admit I do like them myself but never really had the desire to own one and that is mainly for two reasons...they need a shed that is higher than my garage and a lorry to transport if going long distances.

That Super 6 belonged to a chap called Doug Archibald who had worked with the Forestry Commission with County's for many many years. Sadly Doug died a while back and I'm not sure if his family have held on to it or not.

Going back in time to 2008 and the location is the BA Stores Working Weekend held at Lyne of Skene in Aberdeenshire.

BA2008016-1.jpg

Its on a high site and can be windy so a pair of countys are handy for anchoring the stand poles to ;D ;D

BA2008017-1.jpg

BA2008018-1.jpg

BA2008019-1.jpg

BA2008017-1.jpg