County Tractors at work and play

BC

Some absolutely stunning photos of such an icon classic tractor still earning it keep Richard...the ploughing is looking good to me to 8) ..keep the updates coming.

Thanks Bill. In honesty over the last two years it has done much less, brother has bought a Case 5130 turbo for most of these jobs now, in 20 years tractor technology has moved on......makes it a tough choice to go back to the County

Thanks Bill. In honesty over the last two years it has done much less, brother has bought a Case 5130 turbo for most of these jobs now, in 20 years tractor technology has moved on......makes it a tough choice to go back to the County

A tough choice between the County and Case anyway!!!!!

been a long time since i have been salcombe way, but i have seen that young lady working away in the past ,certainly remember you doing that work with the dump trailer,you put a track out the back of the farm arround the same time didnt you??  and i am sure i have seen it ploughing to , the field to the left of your driveway as you turn in,mini stockade as i call it :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  mind you, i may well be out that way soon as it seems salcombe may be getting superfast bb soon as we have won the devon bid apparently

been a long time since i have been salcombe way, but i have seen that young lady working away in the past ,certainly remember you doing that work with the dump trailer,you put a track out the back of the farm arround the same time didnt you??  and i am sure i have seen it ploughing to , the field to the left of your driveway as you turn in,mini stockade as i call it :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  mind you, i may well be out that way soon as it seems salcombe may be getting superfast bb soon as we have won the devon bid apparently

Hiya Sean,

The trailer work from the site was done by brother, I was away at the time unfortunately.....but yes, the spoil from the site (grain store) went out to widen the path across a field on the bottom side of the house.......makes it a bit safer driving the combine out that way now.

You're on the money with ploughing the "stockade" field......its a steep old bit of ground and not a bustin' lot of soil in it hence why part of it is in grass now.

good news about the BB!.....will look forward to that..

Never had the chance to drive a county, has been one my many missions I've yet to complete, my dad however, used to drive county's for a living when he worked for a logging contractor in Keith, (between huntly and Elgin), he also managed to drive a county fc1174 which was used for drainage work, county's aren't very good for turning either, need 5 football pitches to burl around

Never had the chance to drive a county, has been one my many missions I've yet to complete, my dad however, used to drive county's for a living when he worked for a logging contractor in Keith, (between huntly and Elgin), he also managed to drive a county fc1174 which was used for drainage work, county's aren't very good for turning either, need 5 football pitches to burl around

aye, you're not wrong there.......they went best in straight lines  ::)   or just straight ahead ::)

really good news richard, as i really miss working south devon compaired to cornwall. ref the topic though, do you know who works the land arround loddiswell, more arround the jcn to the garden center off the main road, just past aurn meats is it?? i got pics of them a good few years back with 4 countys working on them steep hills, grass cutting and baling, i know they had 2 un cabbed ones, a 6600 four, with loader and one similar to  yours, got invited in to get more pics, but didnt have time as was working

really good news richard, as i really miss working south devon compaired to cornwall. ref the topic though, do you know who works the land arround loddiswell, more arround the jcn to the garden center off the main road, just past aurn meats is it?? i got pics of them a good few years back with 4 countys working on them steep hills, grass cutting and baling, i know they had 2 un cabbed ones, a 6600 four, with loader and one similar to  yours, got invited in to get more pics, but didnt have time as was working

off the top of me head i am not sure who that would have been

its brave and wet down this part of the world......much like everywhere else i am sure...

you got much time off over Christmas?