White House Farm Kings Lynn

toyfarmer

White house farm was owned by the crown estate and farmed under lease by the Deptford family until the lease expired and the farm was sold at auction in 1978. My dad was farm foreman here from 1966. It consisted of 364 acres of mostly arable land with some summer grazing for the bullocks, although these were moved to one of the other farms for the winter. The farm was split in two by the River Nar and crops were mainly cereals with some peas potatoes and sugar beet. The model farm will be housed in a 8 foot x 6 foot shed and i am hoping to model the yard, farm house and farm road with the bailey bridge crossing the river and then underneath this i plan to build a shelving system with a built in background and interchangable field boards to allow me to model different scenes