DAVID BROWN 1390//CASEIH 1394 UPDATE

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Super IM.... I wish I too had the bottle to have a pop at resin casting as well - can you walk us through the process so far... sparing NO details  ??? (if you don't mind  ;))

there was a great post in the custon bit ,but i have just looked and the pics have gone,dt posted them so it was really helpfull stuff 

Oh well ive been hacking my resin DBs to my hearts content trying to get a new chassis

it looks very rough but this is new teritory for me in everything i do i wont go in to fine detail of what ive chopped & what ive kept

ive purchassed some parts of mr towse as i havent got to some moulding stage's just yet

but im hopeing to get a pro-to frankenstien chasis out of this as soon as ive sanded & married

it all together pics will follow soon

will be doing allot tomorrow the missus is working ,she wasnt too impressed last week when i took the drimmel for a test run in the house (its not safe DUST either ) so making some room in the shed getting an old parafin fire ,way to go  8)

Thanks marcus I havent thought that far ahead yet im going to mesure it up today  sand it down so everything sits properly then "yea "think about a siku hitch but  i might have a jaw

instead of a trailer hitch but it will have arms like britains or siku

Thanks marcus I havent thought that far ahead yet im going to mesure it up today  sand it down so everything sits properly then "yea "think about a siku hitch but  i might have a jaw

instead of a trailer hitch but it will have arms like britains or siku

the britains ones would be hard to fit ,the siku would be the better option  :)

been doing a little trimming over the last hour

dicided the ellite DB 990 wheels will be the best scale

up from there im thinking a 1490 would probebly have

the standard britains wheel fetured on the ford 6600

MF 595 etc all so im thinking the steering will look nicer

aswell of the 990 the cab has been lowerd from last night

as it looked like a high clearance 1390 intead of a standard

ive put the 1690 (will be a CASE IH 1594) next to it just to

give it a little scale please

feel free to critisize constructively  on scale as i havent measured it up just yet

i think the bonnet wants to go just under the front window

frame  pics to follow  ;)

the 990 rears have to go i'm afraid mate ,they do nothing for the tractor you have built , the 14 & the 13 won't have a problem shareing the same size wheels wheels fit the old standard  britains for the 13 & some new-ray large for the 14 & it will be about right , the 15 can be fitted with the later britains wheels to look good , other than that ,don't stop now  :D:) :) :) :)

very nice im,looks a great small tractor there,like mj says not sure on the wheels,but it can be difficult to see from pics sometimes,might be worth having a play with any spares you have,just put them up against it rather than pulling them on and off the axels,the ros 3070 ones might be good,same size as the 595's but a little wider

Blimey, I wasn't expecting a delivery this side of May but it looks like you have really pulled your finger out to keep 'lil 'ol Deere-est a happy chappy!!!

Seriously now, you must have done alot of reading up, trying out etc to get this far. I couldn't even contemplate making anything from scratch apart from a fart. Your doing yourself proud IM you really are.

Blimey, I wasn't expecting a delivery this side of May but it looks like you have really pulled your finger out to keep 'lil 'ol Deere-est a happy chappy!!!

Seriously now, you must have done alot of reading up, trying out etc to get this far. I couldn't even contemplate making anything from scratch apart from a fart. Your doing yourself proud IM you really are.

stop it i wont get my head back throgh the shed door to crack on

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thanks anyway Deer-est

stop it i wont get my head back throgh the shed door to crack on

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thanks anyway Deer-est

basicaly i drove the CASE IH 1394 at my first job for a few years  we also had a white case 1494

it seems picky but if i were to do a 1390 &then  a 1490 (not doing a 1490)they just wouldent look right  with the same rears our 1494 always stood that bit taller which was noticable to me

but if i were to do one in the long future it would have the 6600 wheels  like on britains

the 6600 wheels in real life where the same size as the 1490 and the MF 590 so in my opinion (im being picky)

the 1390 wheels have to be smaller just like their predicessors the 995 or the 996 ,990 but i will play about to make em more realistic than the ertl ones i might cast them aswell  and trim them up

i will have a go at one of those soon after the 1390 is finnished

we will see at the end what wheels will suit the 1390

I will post 2 pics one with ertl 990 wheels

one with  britains MF 590-595 wheels

then all of you can vote on your opinion of the pics  ;);D

• 2 weeks later...