J.h Ford 10 Tonne Grain Trailer

I have been scratchbuilding a j.h ford tipper trailer over the last few evenings and wanted to show you all.

These range of trailers are built by Nigel fords cousin Johnathan, from his farm in East sussex which was about 15mins from my old house and are popular among a few local contractors and farmers around the rushlake green area.

jhford10001.jpg

jhford10003.jpg

jhford10004.jpg

jhford10005.jpg

Edited by jamie.

How long did it take to cut and sculpt those plastruct sections before you assembled the trailer?

if you mean the suppport ribs,they only took about 30 mins for all four to be mitred at the 22.5 degree angle,will be quicker next time as I can use the measurements from these.

if you mean the suppport ribs,they only took about 30 mins for all four to be mitred at the 22.5 degree angle,will be quicker next time as I can use the measurements from these.

So the majority of the skip and chassis are not plastruct then?

So the majority of the skip and chassis are not plastruct then?

sorry,I wasn't sure what you meant Chris,body is made out of five pieces of plasticard with the four plastruct ribs and a plastruct chassis,taken about seven hours so far.

thats dam tidy jamie, see you didnt fancy have a crack at the ladder mind, no idea why going by that build so far you certainly have the skill to do it

Cheers Sean,looking at it now,your right the ladder doesn't look good so I will change it.Going to start the tailgate tomorrow morning and it will have a working grain chute,locking mechanism and have a tight seal so it can take a load.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks John and Sean.

Added all the extras now and got it finished bar the decals.Spray used was hafords non metallic tahiti blue,not a perfect match but I felt picking a lemken matched colour would be too bright for it.

jffodfini012.jpg

jffodfini011.jpg

jffodfini010.jpg

jffodfini007.jpg

jffodfini002.jpg