Scottish Transport Extravaganza Glamis Castle 7/8 July 2012

BC

Great pics. I was there too but not till afternoon. Saw your tractor didnt realise it was so small. i also saw the K reg dormobile you took a pic of but unfortunately that was today when it had a puncture up the A9. Hope they got repaired quickly. Did you buy any models?

An ex D C Thompson Dundee newspaper's ERF which now carries a D2 Cat and pulls a living van behind.

P1020723.jpg

Another ERF and maybe D C Thompson as well ....but shame about the load

P1020724.jpg

Another red rosette from this little Austin 7 van from Alistair Tait all the way from Halkirk in the extreme North of Scotland.

P1020725.jpg

P1020726.jpg

P1020727.jpg

Great pics. I was there too but not till afternoon. Saw your tractor didnt realise it was so small. i also saw the K reg dormobile you took a pic of but unfortunately that was today when it had a puncture up the A9. Hope they got repaired quickly. Did you buy any models?

Thanks James...but small can be beautiful as well ;D ;D .. I have one smaller..one about the same size and another two larger.

I always carry 2 spare trailer wheels now after a blow out many many years ago when a metal object blew out my car nearside front tyre and then blew out my front nearside tyre of my covered in trailer.

There were a few Britain's model's on the stalls but I have them already. I did not spend much for my day apart from a £5 English breakfast & coffee from the local Scout tent (lovely and for a good cause) and during the day a couple of marker bulbs for my trailer for a £1 and a couple of 99's..all in all an enjoyable day out despite waking about in wellingtons for the whole day.....sore feet but at least dry ones ;D ;D

As usual the Arbroath smokies were there but only ready at noon...i must have got way laid and by the time I had my packed lunch I wasn't really hungry enough to have one despite the fact I could live on fish...anyway as I walked past later I heard him say he was not that busy...again the weather was not on the food and ice cream trader's side

P1020728.jpg

P1020729.jpg

This MF 90 ws on one of the stalls for sale and he was asking £ 4,000....most folk I spoke to thought he was asking far too much :huh:

P1020730.jpg

First time I have seen a stretched landrover

P1020739.jpg

Never seen such a seen such a shiny caravan before

P1020732.jpg

P1020733.jpg

Back home just after 6pm and not that dirty despite the conditions after the very wet Saturday.

P1020742.jpg

P1020741.jpg

looks like another good show Bill, shame about the weather and conditions. quite alot of events will be suffering up and down the country ::)

Although i suppose it's a typical "summer" ;)

Good to see you still practice the art of "Dolly Knotting" too Bill!, Most now use ratchet straps rather than a half mile length of rope, but great to see the old ways still alive :)

Edited by Valley Axe Man

It was a good enough show Paul and at least it was dry above. I have still three shows this season I plan to exhibt at. Oldmeldrum and Edzell in August and then Scone Place at Perth in September so I hope the weatehr improves for them.It has actually been a better rally season this year than last ...believe it or not.

Yes I maintain a can rope a tractor on quicker than some folk take to strap one on ;D ;D ..although we call it " a kinch" or "the lorry man's knot" or the "Glasgow hitch". I don't suppose many of the younger lorry drivers these day's know how to do that not it its amazing the tension you can get by putting on more than on "kinch"

The only think I use a strap for is too hold dowm the wodden frame I have at the front of the trailer. I did not cut the strap but had it in a coil in a carrier back and tied up underneath the trailer. On the way back up the road just passed Stonehaven before I turend off for Netherley I saw this blue strap trailing behind me....it had dropped down but no damage done. I think I will either take an axe to the strap or tie it down on the top of the trailer with a tie wrap.

Often remember when i learnt to rope up and didn't get the knot right so when i gave it a good pull to tighten it up i ended up in a heap on the floor! Although that happened again fairly recently but the rope snapped as i dogged it down :laugh:

Its about time the weather faired up for some shows, it definatley dampens the spirit when the weather not so good.

Tip, If you do cut your strap down Bill, flick the cut edge with a flame to seal the cut otherwise the end frays and you struggle to get it back through the ratchet ::)