Is It Just Me? Britains Disappointment...

bigbear

That would make sense as I often see them on their way down the M3 toward Southampton - presumably to the docks to be then shipped across the Atlantic.

I guess it shows how unpatriotic us Brits can be....when our American friends are more bothered than we are about where our machines are actually built. Crazy that we then complain that the supermarkets are full of Dutch bacon! I'd love to see Farmers Weekly start a 'Buy British' machinery campaign....but I guess some of their advertisers might get a bit upset....

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Justy.Ironically I had an email this morning telling me a Britains Massey Ferguson 3680 with dual rearwheels,a white cab & no box is on it's way from Somerset to me today.

Paid a little short of £20 for it,but the model appears 100% & won't stand out from the rest of the stock.

This is the last of the 1980s tractors I was hunting,so just a 760 Combine & a couple of implements from that era to find now.

Im still on the watch for the County 1884,Powerfarm Ford TW-35 ,Lamborghini 1706 & Deutz DX6.50. I was also thinking of getting a few implements from the era for the tractors ,but with all the new classics due this year ,i reccon the cash will be best spent on just sticking to tractors alone for now. Have you any pics of your Britains gear? Id love to see them ! Andrew. ;)

On a different note in terms of the topic.

Britains are uping their standards bigtime over the last 2 years. They are still very good value for money. Okay so a few rotten eggs slip under the radar every now and then, but credit where credit is due to them . Those Kanes are fantastic along with the classic IH & Case tractors ,plus the new Ford 6600 & 7600 due soon. Also Britains are the only model maker that do products made by Irish machinery manutacturers like the Kane trailers & the Keenan feeder wagon. UH will probably always turn a blind eye in that prespective. Maybe a McCale Fusion might come next. Who knows.

At the end of the day i have respect for Britains cause the make the stuff that is used in reality by farmers in my area. 8)

Edited by justy 46

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update on the New Hollands. I got a call from my supplier and the new batch in still has the damage on the roof and I've said I'm not prepared to sell substandard models, so my apologies for anyone whose been waiting for them to come in, but as soon as they rectify the problem I'll have them back on the website.

Disappointing I know... :(

Sounds like a poor show from the manufacturers there!

I can't say I'm too impressed with their latest Land Rover(the type with the metal canopy).No sprung suspension.I bought a slightly older Defender on Ebay & that at least has the suspension(like the older 80s & County model),but the tyres are ridiculously wide.