massey ferguson 135 conversion,flexi cab

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah no worrys, weirdly i know someone that was looing for a small loader tractor, but to late it seems

i went to see it the day before i started this topic sean,to measure it,but allready sold,i would have prefered to measure this one rather than the scraper one for obvious reasons,but i was to late,that scraper one is the only one local to me now

Show full detail Paul.. last time i attempted this i made a right pigs ear. Keep saying i will have another go.

each side pete is 3 bits of 2mmx 2mm plastruct and super glued together,the plastruct is flexible enough to bend the long uprights,i wasnt over impressed with my last effort,thats why im trying it again,but it pays to do only a small bit at a time,well it does for me,will do some more tomorrow

post-1769-0-01578400-1334433882_thumb.jp

Edited by paulali

Going to wtch you complete yours then going to try again.. Will get some 2x2 strut this week. Keep them pictures flowing.

Would like to fit a loader to mine as well.

Edited by PETE E.

good work paul,ill be leaving my flexi cab build to whenever uh bring us out a LARGER 100 series like the 165/175/178....then itll be all systems go...brass box section would be very good for the frame also........come on uh and get us a 175

good work paul,ill be leaving my flexi cab build to whenever uh bring us out a LARGER 100 series like the 165/175/178....then itll be all systems go...brass box section would be very good for the frame also........come on uh and get us a 175 oh no bor,your not doing a flexi cab are you? yours will make mine look like it has been done by a 5 year old!!!!!,i so wish uh had done the flexi cab,this is so fiddly to do,brass sounds good,but never worked with it, picture for pete,the front upright is now just one piece,im not worried about the joints at the top of the cab,as you wont see them as the roof will cover them

post-1769-0-08234200-1334485273_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-21869000-1334485485_thumb.jp

Edited by paulali

well the flexi cab has beaten me,my effort was worse than my first 135 flexi cab,unless universal hobbies do one or bor makes them and sells them ,thats it for me,its gone back to a cabless model,i have added side lights to the mudguards,finished

post-1769-0-42079100-1335033706_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-89257500-1335033718_thumb.jp

Looks great like that Paul.. shame the cab didn't work out mate.. but I don't suspect it will be long before UH bring one out anyway buddy

thanks mark,i really hope they do,as i said it turned out worst than my first attempt,never mind,still got a nice looking massey out of it Edited by paulali

your not far off paul,

3 things throw it out at the min,

1 the front frames to far forward and the tops not quite angled back enough ,

2 its deffo to high

3 the rear arms need to angle in a bit more

having done my 185 twice i have found that they aint to hard to make frame wise if you find the right pics of them bare, its the covering thats hardest, mind you i have done one in 16th to which i really really must finish sometime

20t.jpg

the 16th beasty

bare framework, which may help you out

DSCF0074-3.jpg

covered

DSCF0004a.jpg

i agree the rear arms need to angle in a bit more,and there is not enough bend in the front member,but height is right,measured from a real 135,would look a bit different if i put the material on the top and again the front members are right,from dimensions from the real one

16th was harder i felt, but it does allow easier positioning, as you can see the mount areas on the chassis, found pics of a door the other day so must get them done now i have the faming for them, and sort the loader

either way dont give up ,i did two, one because i didnt have the jd front axel on, but to build them i must have tried 8 or 9 times to get the shape right. it only takes subtle changes and your there. attempt 1 wasn't that far off mate, just keep trying