massey ferguson 3080

Looking good Paul!

Just a quick question, do you ever get any bother with paints reacting or do you clean them completely off?

Making a Massey Ferguson 4255 sloped nose based on a Universal Hobbies chassis and need to paint the chassis but worried that the new paint will react with the original paint,

thanks jack,no never any problem,i just spray over the existing,as in this 3080,when i sprayed the chasis i didnt rub anything down,however on resin parts i wash them throughly with a very mild soapy water,and then very very fine wet and dry between coats,hope this helps

cheers,paul

nearly finished this one,front wheels and hubs fixed back on,painted toplink,all i have left now is fixing the rear wheels back on,i wanted to use the siku rear axle but its to thick,and now i have used the siku rear wheels the uh axle is just a tad to short now,so tomorrow will source a bit of tubing from my brother,he has allways got loads of different thicknesses and length of tubing,cut to length and pop on the siku end cabs,fix back on tractor then paint the wheel centres charcoal grey,job done

post-1769-0-09940600-1331997627_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-89626600-1331997636_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-30375100-1331997648_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-52855100-1331997685_thumb.jp

Edited by paulali