Bailey bale/pallet trailer

My first conversion!!!!!!! This is my conversion I've built, and I'm quite proud of it. It is built on the red britains flat bed trailer. (Sorry its not scratch built!!!) Any questions and honest opinions, please post away!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

post-409-132638517767_thumb.jpg

looks great,did it i take long to make the ladders,/fit them? i want that merlo! role on spalding. ive just built a trailer to go behind my jd3200 (added a draw bar), ive used a bergman spreader chassie with the front axle cut off and added yellow tim toy flotation trailer tyres, single axle, then made my own bodie out of wood (kindly supplied by 4c) and sprayed it green to look like a bailey/green triffit with a 5ton aprox carrying capacity (10 britains bags) may fit my hiab on it yet

I havn't fixed the hoses down yet, no. Any suggestions??? ??? ??? ???

Take a look at Seans (TM810's) trailer conversions - he makes a pipe stand that is really good.... if not just a piece of small soild plastrut box with a 1mm hole in it for the hose would look good fitted to the headboard in my opinion... what am I talking about - mine looks crap compared to yours anyway - well done that man  ;)

Hi, the paint is Tamiya TS-20 and found in most model shops, just watch you don't get the one for those remote control car kits, because that eats into the plastic. Why do you ask, are you going to attempt the conversion?

nice convo  just a shame about the hitch  did you glue the damn thing so it won't turn anymore

hitch is one of the worst things britains/ertl did to cross comply with the different styles of tractor hitches  :-[:-\

still you did a grand lob farmer will ;)

hi thank you for the paint code, i dont think im going to attempt the trailer but was thinking of using the colour on some older implements that need touching up. I dont know much about the trailer hitch but maybe you could put one of those swing trailer supports under the drawbar instead of the box section, would add to the trailer! only a thought, i dont know how difficult it is to come across these? but would make the pickup hitch look more of the part!

any trailer drawbar tips, hitchs and swing supports??

• 1 month later...