What tractors did you see today without getting photos

FB

Seen a good few cut fields today on my way out north devon but just managed to see my first combine actually  working , very tidy looking NH TX65 plus , 2 norton and one unbranded trailer , none looked more that 7tonners ,but no sign of any tractor drawing away 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Had a drive around Sunday saw some combine action.first was brand new 18 plate cr9.80 in osr,next up 16 plate cr 9.90in barley. Last was cr  8.90 in osr,this was a surprise because as long as I can remember the farm has always had class machines.

• Like 2

Just gone past a field on the way back from torquay, has been cut as stubble there so i am guessing winter barley , as thats all i have seen being done so far , and in it was a nh??? Ploughing it  and lower down a mf 76??  with powerharrow/drill combo planting , what would you be planting this early in the year and in this weather with it being so dry?? Can only think its being put out to grass maybe ? They were kicking up some serious red dust its that dry , unless they know rains coming why would you bother .

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

just gone past a red wine metallic fendt 936, with bailleys trailer broken down on the side of the A38,just of the tamar bridge, bonnet up driver sat feet up in the cab awaiting help, good job he got it off the road i to the verge,as its a busy bit of road,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just driven out to clovelly north devon and on the way went past 2 new shape valtra t’s one in fendt  colours , red wheels , white cab top , followed by a second a few mins  later in full challenger colours, silver wheels white cab top and that mustardy yellow body work , not sure either scheme suited them mind , but i was doing 55 in the opp direction so not a good look 

• Like 1

saw a collins teleshift out lodaing bales onto a flatbed ,being towed by a case ih 1255 first thing, teleshift looked in ok condition, but tue case had no doors rear screen and the tyres looked as bald as duncan goodhew ,surprised it could grip on the grass 

very unusal day,went past plenty of people out doing second cut out north cornwall/devon  way, mix of mainly valtras and class with a few fendts, then a few miles further on a couple of combines working away,a newish new holland ,and a older john deere, crop didnt look that great mind, then on the way back followed a pair of fendts with k two 3 axle ejector trailers, loaded up with maize, so it seems maize is a go down this way, 

• Like 1

Sat in the hotel at southampton , on the 7th floor looking up the river .  about 2 & a 1/2 hours ago a big car carrier the  “grande europa” came in, been sat watching on the binos and out of the ramp in a line came 3 class foragers of some sort,  looked huge , twin exhausts fitted ,the cabs looked different , and the back end to, higher? Maybe . one was on the new tracks the others on tyres , but no obvious model number on them just the standard colours  and the red class logo , way bigger looking than an normal jag i have seen, tried taking a pic but to far away on the mobile to see them even zoomed, as i type ones already on a  low loader trailer and is being sheeted up ?? Is there a new model coming ?? 

• Like 1

Deffo one of those came off , was still sat there lst time i looked, bit dark now , it was a wheeled one that got loaded up rapidly , then sheeted up, before he left , no model number on it, the back end was totaly green no white arround the cooling vents, the other wheeled one was the same , cabs looked different to ? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I was down in East Cork today and I saw lots of silage trailers on the move. There were John Deere's pullling full loads through Mayfield and up the N20. I saw an 8700i with a Kemper header on the N25 near Middleton. Two Masseys and a Case Puma near Aghada, and a T7 near Middleton at dusk.

All were pulling new Broughan trailers, and all trailers were colour coded.

I didn't see any harvesters at work, which is a pity. Would have loved to get some pics.

• Like 2

I also saw a farm with some very old Masseys, including a 165, 698, 50B, and a 2000 series 4wd. There were also a couple of very dilapidated Lee 8 tonners, a 4m MF30 drill, and three or four very old and battered New Holland 1500 series combines.

A few miles up the road was a shed with a Deutz Fahr Topliner combine, a Super Q Ford, and mot interestingly, a well worn Joskin 3500 litre tanker. Never saw one of them here before.

• Like 1

Its the silly season here in the east Anglian fens, everybody is out either cultivating, drilling or harvesting rootcrops or maize...………….trailers everywhere, you name the machine and Ive probably seen one in the last week!!   Highlights include the new tracked DeWulf potato harvesters with one big farmer running three in his 6 machine fleet...………………...plus a fleet of brand new hired in CASE Puma 165, 185 tractors to assist his own New Holland T7.210s.

Big John Deere 6Rs everywhere hauling maize, loads of Fendt 724 and 936s,  One huge local salad farm with hired fleets of MF 7700,6700s and NH T7.210, 190s all over the area...……..Two big Valtra T fleets, one dark green machines the other all black ones.   A brand new CASE Optum 300 just up the road...……………………..two black Deutz warrior 7250s on Shropshires maize carting with Kane 16 tonners (that was a first for me) pictures too follow in another thread. They were among 16 tractor trailers and 7 different brands hauling from a 2 yr old Krone Big X1100...……………..lots of JCB 4220s as well and a fair few 8330s,  two of which hauling orange  tri axle Laumetris trailers...…..whoever they are?? 

Quite a few old MFs and Internationals about here too,  MF3120, 3085, 3070 and 2wd 3060 plus a mint 2wd International 844xl or similar number...……………..sadly not many old Fords for some reason.

Well I did move here because of the high level of tractor activity and tractor dealers around the Isle of Ely:)

• Like 1

Yes there was an Lithuanian sticker on the back of one of those trailers now I come to think of it...…………..and I got some more photos of a tri axle one on the rear of a Puma 240 last week,  the uk dealer obviously is pricing them to sell.................probably a lot cheaper than a Larrington tri axle no doubt. 

• Like 2

something i do not recall ever seeing this way,a pair of belarus 1523-3’s heading through totnes, both 4wd one with a 8ton marston on,the other with a front loader,which i guess is easten european,as it had a very strange looking system to it. never seen them before,and both looked in good condition,couldnt see the number plates to see how old they were though. only ever seen one other this way,a very old looking logger out dartmoor way 

• Like 1

Saw a mint condition blue roof Ford 8340 on a 95/96 year  "N" reg on Thursday hauling a dolly behind it...………………….I think it belongs to an agricultural mechanic who drives it to and from his premises of work...……………………...he uses the dolly to hitch up a big artic trailer and block the sites entrance from the gypos……………………...I have also seen an 8210 GEN3 in his yard a few times this year as well.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, bluegreen said:

What tractors did I see today...………………...I didn't because it was dark...…………….but there were loads of lights and flashing beacons on it:D

You certain it was a tractor and not a space ship landing with little green men inside :D saying Bluegreen go home :) (E.T GO HOME)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2