Britains new Fords?.

Steve P

Heres a pic of the Marge Gen 1 7610 & Britains 7600. The Marge would need to be a good model for the money compared with the Britains, but it actully is not. !! The air filter on the Marge is wrong & the wheels are wrong. Even the decal on the Marge could be a little better. Not so on the Britains. Every thing about the Britains is spot on. A little gap in the cab aint the end of the world & it does have steering MJB1. Why do guys have to be so negitve. People also need to realise the Britains is marketed towards children as well as collecters. Look at the box it comes in , for ages 3+. Anbody to moan over such a good value for money model is only nit picking. Britains are still the legends in the tractor model scene & always will be. No model will ever be perfect guys. Somebody will always find something ,no matter what. I think the Britains Fords are fine models for the money, so I aint going so slate them. Britains are moving forward & quickly at that. The Kanes are another fine product by Britains.

IMG_0873.jpg

Edited by justy 46

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thank you paul ;)

can some one show a pic of the steering arangement & the hydraulics on this new 6600 please , as as far as i'm aware a few years ago the leaps & bounds from the last 30 years left the 'new' 5000 & it's ilk with no steering & a hydraulic lift that wouldn't lift let alone keep it in the air for any length of time eg: the britains JD tracked 84** couldn't even lift the 3furrow reversable plough that my old 6600 could handle easily ,even the original 6600 had steering & that was legacy from it's days as a super major way back from days of yore it also had a lift system that kept implements aloft for as long as you wanted them.

if the new 66 has steering & a decent lift arangement i'll take it all back , but the cab gap is an unbeleiveable faux pas in this day & age

just read your post above justin & negative or not this is a forum for toys & models & personal opinions . i think my biggest gripe is how well britains have done with recent models & to have this 'gap' is a great shame , i think i'm also a bit narked that this tractor should have been part of the britains line up when us older collectors wanted them most, ie; when they were part of the mainstream farm lineup in the real world

Marcus, Marcus, Marcus. Where have you been?!!! Britains may have their flaws and like Paul says it does centre around consistency and the appliation of decals, as well as (I would assume) more stringent guidelines re: safety of toys; however they do sport new steering (since the Internationals were released I think and with huge pressure from FTF and its members) and also a new linkage which is similar to the Siku arrangement of having a tab which the 'cross shaft' is lifted up and over to lock it into position.

thank you paul ;)

can some one show a pic of the steering arangement & the hydraulics on this new 6600 please , as as far as i'm aware a few years ago the leaps & bounds from the last 30 years left the 'new' 5000 & it's ilk with no steering & a hydraulic lift that wouldn't lift let alone keep it in the air for any length of time eg: the britains JD tracked 84** couldn't even lift the 3furrow reversable plough that my old 6600 could handle easily ,even the original 6600 had steering & that was legacy from it's days as a super major way back from days of yore it also had a lift system that kept implements aloft for as long as you wanted them.

if the new 66 has steering & a decent lift arangement i'll take it all back , but the cab gap is an unbeleiveable faux pas in this day & age

Look up Walter Derwants collection page on the forum. He has some fine detailed pics of these Fords.! ;) Britains were a bit of a let down back then. Hitchs would sag down with weight & what I found the worst were those rear wheel centre hubs they introduced on all their tractor models around 1992/93. The wheels became very wobbly & fell of after a while. They sould have left the steel bar in the rear axel & not the hubs. But I cant fault Britains over the last 3 years or so. Best thing about them,is they take our views on this forum on board, I dont see UH or Siku doing it. ::)

On a different note. I take my child to a local childminder 3 days a week. She minds 5 children & i can never help noticing a little Britains Ford 7000 & NH TS135 in a little box of toys there. These 2 tractors have taken 2 years of abuse by these kids & are still in one piece,cabs ,wheels all present. You have to look at it from that perspective also,cause as far as Britains are concerened,thats were their biggest market is. KIDS .& they are competeing with the likes of Siku for this market. So Britains are trying to get the best of both worlds keeping both Kids & collectors happy. Thats no easy task guys .

Edited by justy 46

I don't have a picture available but can certainly confirm that the new Fords have a steering front axle (although the range is a little bit limited) and a hitch that definitely keeps implements up in the air.

I'm also still struggling with the use of the TW15 and 7710 as a benchmark here. I mean, did the 1:1 version have a centre pivot front steering axle with a rudimentary steering rod coming from under the cab, no glass in the can windows (or control levers for that matter) and a hitch with a huge vertical metal lever to the left hand side? No. They didn't. But the 1:32 versions did because they were toys. And this latest version is also a toy.

I'm also still struggling with the use of the TW15 and 7710 as a benchmark here. I mean, did the 1:1 version have a centre pivot front steering axle with a rudimentary steering rod coming from under the cab, no glass in the can windows (or control levers for that matter) and a hitch with a huge vertical metal lever to the left hand side? No. They didn't. But the 1:32 versions did because they were toys. And this latest version is also a toy.

got to admit chap i'm struggling here too , can you quote the bit where anyone has compared these models to the real 1;1 versions

Tristopher,Tristopher,Tristopher, you of all people should have known , i'd post something like i have done ;);D

i think your missing the point mrol,no matter who makes the model or toy,to release that with that awful hole in the cab needs shooting,mjb1 was saying ,i think,that the early britains bubble cab didnt have any holes,so why now twenty years on they release a cab with a hole?,thats not progress,particulary when there other releases are very very good,which gets back to what i was saying,consistancy please britains,tomy

i think your missing the point mrol,no matter who makes the model or toy,to release that with that awful hole in the cab needs shooting,mjb1 was saying ,i think,that the early britains bubble cab didnt have any holes,so why now twenty years on they release a cab with a hole?,thats not progress,particulary when there other releases are very very good,which gets back to what i was saying,consistancy please britains,tomy

They did after I got my clumsy little mits on them ::)

moulding and making parts for cast isnt easy,plastic is by far the easiest ,1 peice moulds can be done with ease, and cheap, but do not have a huge lifespan as such ,metal ones are stronger ,as said they are toys, but doing 1 peice moulds is far from easy, just look at any current diecast farm model out there, chassis, cabs ect are usally 2 piece, making a mould like the new fords, half a cab and arches attached is far cheaper to make in the long run ,as it has a longer lifespan so overall allows a cheaper model than say the plastic all singing marge's or the current uh models

I think it simply boils down to how much you are bothered by this 'epic fail' or 'awful hole'. It would appear, based on most of the reviews and comments on here, that the vast majority think its a very tiny point with only a small minority over-exaggerating the impact on the otherwise excellent model. We've already established that MJB hasn't even seen the model and had simply assumed it had no steering and a crappy hitch - wrong on both counts, and nicely highlights how some approach these things with a predetermined agenda/viewpoint without bothering to invest some time and money to get their facts right before offering an opinion.

Bottom line, it's a great model and it's selling well. If the hole really is that bad, then just get the filler and spray can out. Or buy a Marge.

i dont think young kids will bother about the hole,but older collectors will notice it,it is a good model mrol,but not great,should you realy have to fill the hole and spray it?,no of course not,and as i said in a previous post if model makers,not toy makers of farm equipment had done this there would be loads of posts about it,how can siku/uh release this,i can see the posts now,but because its britains there childhood memories,i think prevent them from saying so,only my opinion,and that is what forums are about,opinions

When did either Siku or UH make a model for 15 quid?

Some of Sikus recent releases have been pretty bad. The NH T8 for example is very poor and costs considerably more then Britains cheaper alternative.

Some of Sikus recent releases have been pretty bad. The NH T8 for example is very poor and costs considerably more then Britains cheaper alternative.

I agree, i have a wide range of Britains models from 1968 to the present and i can see for myself that the new models are much better then the old, i am a huge fan of the old Britains classics though the newer releases look far better to be fair, the cab join on the new 600 series Fords dont really matter in my opinion though i did notice it, i dont think it spoils the models in any way, on the whole i think they are fantastic models for the price, my 7600 parked next to my much more expensive uh 7810 and County 1474 does not look out of place, personally i think Britains today have left SIKU well behind and are challenging the likes of uh for a cheaper almost as good alternative and that suits collectors like me who cannot justify spending 60 quid or more on a model, bloody well done Britains keep up the good work..

Edited by Steve P

We've already established that MJB hasn't even seen the model and had simply assumed it had no steering and a crappy hitch - wrong on both counts, and nicely highlights how some approach these things with a predetermined agenda/viewpoint without bothering to invest some time and money to get their facts right before offering an opinion.

Bottom line, it's a great model and it's selling well. If the hole really is that bad, then just get the filler and spray can out. Or buy a Marge.

i think i also said if the model did indeed have steering & a decent hitch i'd take it all back & in recent eveidence i do, but still think there's no excuse for the cab gap nowadays .

talking to a few farmer/contractors i deliver to the 1;1 scale NH range isn't that hot either :laugh: :laugh: >:D

Edited by MJB1

The current Britains hitch isn't much worse -perhaps even superior- than the backend of a Universal Hobbies tractor, which is ghastly for a supposed model yet UH seem to have no intention of changing it.

I agree with that statement. Short & to the point. Well put! ;)

If any one dont like the new Britains Fords,then just dont buy em. I personly thing they are great little models & that little hole dont bother me one bit.

The Britains Fords line up nicely on my own shelf with the rest of the UH TWs ,7810s, Marge 7610s & the Imber 5640.

Edited by justy 46

I agree with that statement. Short & to the point. Well put! ;)

If any one dont like the new Britains Fords,then just dont buy em. I personly thing they are great little models & that little hole dont bother me one bit.

The Britains Fords line up nicely on my own shelf with the rest of the UH TWs ,7810s, Marge 7610s & the Imber 5640.

So has anyone any plans to use a few of these Britains Fords to do a few convos? Edited by justy 46

I know, I was being facetious to prove a point! I also know the Britains TW-20 was never marketed as 1:34, it was a measuring error, which is why they changed it to a 7710, because it was too small to be a TW!

I'm sorry, but you're very wrong, the 6700 and 7700 were shortened 8700/9700s, the design of which has no correlation with 8/900 or 8/9600. The 6700 and 7700 may have had the same engine as the 6600 and 7600 respectively, but the design was different.

To go to the original point, the 7810 bonnet was simply an extended 7610 one, the TW-15 one is the same as the 8700/9700.

Sorry but the 6700/7700 models were 6600/7600's with a row crop axle etc, not shortened 8700/9700's I know because I drove both a 5000 and a 6700 for my uncle. I helped change clutchs and brakes on both tractors as well as general serving and I can assure you the 6700/7700 are as explained above.

My take on Britains is that they have upped their game this past while and we should not be afraid to apply constuctive criticism to keep them focussed, one idea that springs to mind is that they produce an up graded version of each model with a small production run which would give us collectors the models we want!!

Neil

love ron greets , i think riverford farm have had most of the ford stuff as they run loads of them. i will be picking up some of these fords 2 for the shelf and 3 for changing the axles on the 5000 7000 and 7600 . hope they fit .

might try to recreate ron greets yard with a few >:D

post-197-0-11131500-1339993884_thumb.jpg

Yeah right. What ever your into. ::) I spose youd never find a Massey in a yard like that. cause they normally end up incinerated in some field before they make the scrap yard . >:D Edited by justy 46