FORD 4600 Conversion 1/32

Ive been working on a Ford 4600 over the last few weeks & completed it today. Ive been raving on about doing one with so long & also a 4000 which im also working on. The 4000 is unfinshed, but near complete . Ive great memorys of a 4600 Fritz cab on my fathers farm years ago. Probably my most favourit tractor of all time & i generaly have a passion for these 62 HP 3 cyl Fords. They had a very good power rating for a 3 cyl tractor in their day, on a par with the 4 cyl MF 165/265, DB 995/996 & Leyland 262 & both the 4600 & 4000 proved to be some off Fords best sellers in Ireland back in the 70's. Every farmer that had Fords probably had one of these at some stage.

The tractor i used for the convo was the new Britains Ford 6600. I shortened the engine block,reduced the depth of the tomestone up front,shortened the width of the front axel & pushed the axel forward a fraction,changed the rear rims & tyres using Scaledown Ford 5000 rears,new decals from Henri Walker, smaller front tyres that came from the older Britains Delux cab 6600 which wrapped around the newer rims quiet well ,shortened the cab steps & changed the panel under the rear cab window.

IMG_0938.jpg

IMG_0940.jpg

IMG_0947.jpg

Edited by justy 46

very nice,good tidy work

any chance of buying one !!!!

No plans to put one into production yet. :laugh: Its slow work. I dont think ive the patience to do a run of them. Its just a hobby for me realy. But if i get the time. Ill let you know. Cheers & thanks. ;)

That look Great Justin :) Doing 3 cylinder convo's out of shelf models takes a bit of thinking about to get them to look right, (when i did that 1/16 4000) but grand job. Well done!!

makes me wonder should i hack up a Uh 7600, or do i wait an hope that Uh bring out a 1/16 bubble cabbed ford and then attack one of them instead? ::)

great work mate, looks really nice, tell you what though, if you do another, try a uh ford front axel, or one of scaledowns??? you have done a great job trimming the britains one down, but it still looks a little bulky?? on the main cross arm for a smaller 3 cylinder rig like that

great work mate, looks really nice, tell you what though, if you do another, try a uh ford front axel, or one of scaledowns??? you have done a great job trimming the britains one down, but it still looks a little bulky?? on the main cross arm for a smaller 3 cylinder rig like that

Yeah i was thinking of using a few bits from a UH Pre Force 5000 such as the front axel. But I just tryed to work with what it origanaly was ,the 6600. I did narrow up the front axel alright & gave it smaller tyres up front. Ive a 4000 on the go also which is being built much the same way as this 4600,but using the newer Britains 5000. Ive also gathered the makings of a County 4000 FOUR with lots of parts got from Nigel Ford for it. So im going all out on the 3 Cyl Fords.

Thanks Sean. ;)

That look Great Justin :) Doing 3 cylinder convo's out of shelf models takes a bit of thinking about to get them to look right, (when i did that 1/16 4000) but grand job. Well done!!

makes me wonder should i hack up a Uh 7600, or do i wait an hope that Uh bring out a 1/16 bubble cabbed ford and then attack one of them instead? ::)

Thanks Paul. You could still do a De Lux cab 4600 from a UH 7600 in much the same way as you done that fab 1/16 4000 from the 5000 im sure. But yeah ,maybe it might be worth while hanging on for a bit to see if UH will do a Q cab Ford. Fingers crossed!!! Never know , UH might actully do a 4600 . That would be a real dream come true. ;)

Looking forward to seeing your 4000 and 4000-four Justin. Keep up the good work :) Are you going to have a go at a Pre-Force too? ::)

I'll have a think about deluxe cab 4600, Bubble Cab from Uh would create so many possibilities, but for now will have to see what i can do with whats floating around the scrap box ;)

Looking forward to seeing your 4000 and 4000-four Justin. Keep up the good work :) Are you going to have a go at a Pre-Force too? ::)

I'll have a think about deluxe cab 4600, Bubble Cab from Uh would create so many possibilities, but for now will have to see what i can do with whats floating around the scrap box ;)

No plans for a Pre Force 4000. Maybe a 4610 & 3600 or 2600 . The 4000 FOUR ,I have the makings off, but its going to be a tough one to build. Im using a front axel from Nigel Ford, Duncan Cab & the older Britains 5000 with the rounded mudguards. So we will see how she goes. ;)

do you think you will try the fritz cab one then mate??? go on you know you want to, maybe the britains deutz cab to give you the basic shape? ???

The Fritz crossed my mind alright, cause the 4600 my father had was a Beligan built Fritz 4600. One of the last made, an 82. If I were to do one id use the cab from the Weise Deutz cause it has far better detail than the Britains. I tryed the cab from my Britains DX110 on it just to get an idea ,but it seemed far too small for the new Britains Ford. Only downfall is breaking a Weise Deutz, too costly . Unless i found one on EBAY for peanuts!! ;D

really good mate like that a lot did one a phew years back a lot of work what wheels did u use on the back

Thanks Fred. I used the ScaleDown Pre Force Ford 5000 rears. I got a few sets from Nigel Ford to do a Ford 4000 6X & County 4000 Four also.