jd 3140 / 4240s builds

well at last i have got back to the shed properly, allowing me to get on with a couple of models i have ment to do for ages,

so far the only jd i have ever done is my 3140 below and of course the 965 combine build ,

005-25.jpg

but i have always wanted a 2wd to go with this, so i started this last weekend in a spare hr

014.jpg

015.jpg

, i am still waiting on parts for the mo ,so todays efforts have been spent on making a new cab interior, the cast or any ertl jd comes with the wrong cab interior for a sg cab, which shuld be similar to the one seen in the bigger ertl trike/soundguard chassis,

the origonal one first

P1040806.jpg

P1040805.jpg

P1040811.jpg

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

now the new interior section

P1040809.jpg

P1040807.jpg

P1040813.jpg

P1040814.jpg

i am still a bit undecided on the seat, i have a few better uh options that look far better, but used the rtl cast copy to check the drivers position, and have just noticed that one of the foot peddels has fallen off??

whilst i am tinkering with the 3140 model i am also putting together and setting this one up to, will hopefully be a 4240s, with big steps if i can find some good pics of them from the net

P1040818.jpg

i have seperated the cab from the arches to allow better access inside for the detailing ect

P1040816.jpg

P1040817.jpg

and also tack fitted the pma front linkage on

P1040815.jpg

the rear end will also get a pma 3 point fitted, and as usual i will have the working doors on both models and with luck working sun roofs, side and rear windows, as i have been testing options for these inbetween waiting for glue ect to dry

one of the two together now

P1040819.jpg

for my sins theres also at least one more planned with luck a 2140 opu cab 2wd format, and very possabilly a early shark nose 3130 opu, the aim is to get at least these two done to paint at the same time,the do the other two at the same time

no not a crisis bill, i am just clearing space in the shed , have a good 4 or 5 other bits out there which i aim to do, then with luck i can get on with the 2 combine builds i have planned and drawn out ,just need the room, and had the bits all ready sat there

after some help if you can guys, i am after a few pics of the "big steps" on jds, not the normal thin 2/ 3 on a pole like most have, have been loking online and cant seem to find any, i know they are out there mind :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Will have a look in my old copy's pete. I cut the back of the 4240 today and assembled the rear linkage , also got the paint for the interiors yesterday ready , hopefully some more done tommorrow after a bit of DIY round the mother in laws

Looking forward to these Sean, we used to have a 3040 2wd like that one your building, and a 3140 4wd with the opu cab. And remember seeing a 4240S ploughing as well :) love these tractors

Guess it's steps like the one joes posted a link for then . Cheers for the help lads , if I don't get tommorrow back on it then I definatliy will tues . Recon the 42 will be main job as I havnt got the parts for the other yet sadly

hi sean the big step was only an option on the late 3350/ 3650 after the 3050 had been dropped from the range and the late 4*55 series deere`s any older deere`s with the big steps are after production jobs

looking good so far looking forward to seeing them finished

only a couple of hours on this today, but, the rear linakge is on the 42,

017.jpg

also got the door sorted, its temp held open by brass rod, as the cabs not in its final position, now its cut from the arches it splays out ,but when in the final spot it stays open all by its self no worrys

closed

018.jpg

open

020.jpg

019.jpg

its bolted into place and not the normal plasti rod they supply chris, so it will take a implement in the transport position no worrys, plus i can adjust/tighten them over time as they come loose, but usally a tab of thread lock sorts that out just before paint

Archived