jd 3140 / 4240s builds

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no joe they havnt, its ok for the link to the arms, although i usally replace that with brass rod anyway ,but it doesn't work at all for holding the arms on the piviot point, hence the 3bs bolts i use now, have also used scrap mini screws from broken down uh models in the past, but have run out of them now,

managed to get an hr on this today, other things to do, so mainly cosmetic stuff outside, front drive shaft on, new steps built, and exhaust and air filter on in test positions, still unsure on the air filter, have seen this version on a 4240 in pics, but also seen a load with the older mushroom tops instead?? what do you think

P10408302.jpg

drilled out the holes in the foot plates

P1040831.jpg

and hand rail in position

P1040832.jpg

thats an hrs work joe, doesnt take long really, just draw it out first, then check ,final step bang cut and regret :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: , not really touched the inside on the cab yet, bar cut the seat and steering wheel(if you could call it that) off , got to make a new floor that comes away with the arches, allowing me to lift the cab a mm or two, also makes painting easy,

nice sean,very nice,any plans on doing the smaller 50 series,there is a 2650 that occasionally goes up past my house,dont know who's it is,and the other weird thing,ive never seen it go back down through the village ,only up!!!!!!!! ,anyway,nice build mate

I may sometime Paul poss do it on rows ?? Depends what route I take on the 2140 chassis wise . Also the last ertl chassis I have arrived yesterday and the pics didn't do it justice as it's mint so bit loathed to cut that down right now as they are getting thin on the ground now

i think thats the way i am going to go pete, may need to move the exhaust forward a bit to, looks a bit to far back to me maybe???? parts have been sent for the 3140 now to, so hopefully by next weekend i can get cracking on them again

got back to these today, mainly the 3140 after the new cab arrived, the interior section is pretty much done now, painted up and lever in ,

even managed to get a nice floor non slip finish ^-^ which you should be able to see in the pics with luck

006.jpg

the seats not fixed yet, neithers the steering wheel

007.jpg

in place now

008.jpg

010.jpg

the new cab has been scored out ready to cut the door ,also swapped the rear wheels, after i scaled the old set up to find they were only 32" thee abouts, so they were a little small, these came in a resin ih kit i bought for the chassis a while back, tyres are of a uh 3080 and fit nice and snug so shouldn't need glueing once the wheel hubs have been painted they scale in at 38" so look a lot better

004.jpg

005.jpg

0062.jpg

009.jpg

0072.jpg

they do mate, sort of make the fronts look small now? but the bigger jds and alikes always look a bit wrong on 2wd anyway, got the dash ect cut out of the 4240 as well, ready to rebuild that into the arch section now

having a few issues with the 4240 right now, cant quite get the arches to sit right, so had a hr on the 3140, got the steps added along with new platform at the top of them, may yet make this a bit bigger though ,need to check a few pics online of real ones i think

022-1.jpg

027.jpg

024-1.jpg

also started the arch work fitting the front light plates , still need to shape the rears on these into the arches

026.jpg

and got the door working and fitted into place, think i have also sorted the method to make the side cab windows open / shut as per the real ones

028.jpg

029.jpg

Archived