jd 3140 / 4240s builds

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

blimey, pete lads back, good to see you mate, hope alls well

as for the paint, it is pete ,its deffinatly not the nozzel, i can swap it to other tins and it works fine??, they just seem to have de pressurised for some reason?? real pig as both stil have paint in them ,they are stored in the same cupboard as the others, some 25 odd tins infact, and these seem to be the only two to have gone like it,

here i joint fiber optics joe, that stuff is positivley rsj sized compaired to that :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: , size wise i really cant remember what size it is truth be known, i had a few off cuts ect left over from previous stuff, and just used that ,i know the holes are drilled at .6mm for the pins/piviot points , and thats loose , recon the ram is maybe.4mm the outer mmmm .7mm maybe . 8 mm

dock yardies aint got anything on us mate :laugh: :laugh: we have a ex yardie with us now, came in knowing it all, mmmm he was shocked when he saw the stuff we use, easiest way to put it is the core, the main part ,on the splicer its magnified 2500 x ,and even then its only 5mm on the screen, total size with cladding and outer glass cover is less than .6 mm in dia , and i deal with up to 360 at a go, in 1 cable, so a joint is 720 of them laying arround. mind you i certainly wouldnt use it for hydro hoses, way to fragile for that

nothing to much today, got the cab painted black, but ran out of time to do the underside of the rear arches. also got the first coat of brown on the cab interior ,once i got the radio and air vent pod built and in, not really happy with the air vent part mind, so may yet remove that and try again

P1040934.jpg

P1040935.jpg

P1040937.jpg

not done much more on her for the mo pat, doing arround 4 builds at once without the 4240s and 2140 ,the trailers coming along, with a new baler and something else that i knocked up this afternoon , which is prob half done, aim to finish the baler and other two builds along with this first, then back to the tractors

Seany Sausage Fingers! What you flipping playing at doing all this fiddly stuff? It's never right, not a thumb print in the primer anywhere!! You've chosen two real classics with these two and certainly got them down to tee with all the detailing around the steps and cab frames.

I did think though, arn't the roof escape hatches hinged at the back? Not the front. Also, the interior paint. What do you use? It looks like it goes on quite thick and not very evenly. Maybe the paint needing thinning or a different brush?

Did wonder about the cab roof tris but unless I found a odd ball the only shot I found of an open one was this way ?? Sure someone can correct me mind , would be easy enough to swap round . The cab interior paint is just humbrol and is just a first coat , I thought is was to thin intact when i put it on ?? Hence a second coat needed

Archived