Britains Twose diggers and colour variations & Deutz Set No 9613

BC

How many colour variations are there on the No 9536 Twose rear digger?

They also appeared in a couple of sets with a Deutz ( No 9613) and a Volvo ( No 9603). The diggers in these sets have straight legs instead of the splayed ones in the digger only model No 9536.

Are there any more sets with the Twose digger behind a tractor?

For colour variation I will use

F - for Frame

B - for body, dipper and bucket

R - for rams

CMB mentioned in BC's other Britain's post

One with

F - Grey

B - Yellow

R - Red

My own No 9536 has

F- Blue

B- Orange

R - Blue

ST837297.jpg

In the next picture - 3

F - looks BLACK

B - Orange

R - Blue

BOTTOM LEFT

F - Blue

B - Orange

R - Blue

BOTTOM RIGHT

F - Blue

B - Yellow

R - Red

P1020251.jpg

In the Volvo tractor and digger set No 9603

F - Grey

B - Red

R - Yellow

P1020752-1.jpg

In the Deutz tractor and digger set No 9613

F - Blue

B - Red

R - Yellow

P1020783-1.jpg

Edited by BC

The variants with the straight legs Bill only came in the sets. I believe that the one in the 'road' series was yellow with black rams and frame, straight legs, no name decal or a red and white diagonal stripe decal. I think it was with the yellow road series BM Volvo tractor.

Well models & topics like this intrigue me Andy and we have had good discussions on other colour variations of Britain's implements and sets in the past such as the MF trailer...I forget No... and No 9550 the fold up cultivator. Seeing all these colour variations I think my collection has a long way to go yet and that is good since I get a buzz out of getting the elusive ones ...assuming of course the price is right at the time ;D ;D

Now where are some of the Britain's guru's as I call them...super6 and ploughmaster who probably have forgotten more about Britain's model's than I will ever know :huh: ...and of course there are others resting and reading in the background with a lot of knowledge but just don't post on here..but hey ho that is fine...each to ones own as I say ::)

Did you call? I don't know too much about these other than straight legs to, as you put it, fit boxes, and splayed legs which came boxed all on there lonesome. the Autoway version only ever came in the splayed leg version as far as I am aware, unless someone knows different of course ::)

Okay, I looked in a few trade catalogues for you, here goes;

9838 Autoway version was shown with splayed legs and all over in yellow with black rams and bucket. It is an obvious mock up/pre-production model

9598 with TW20. With splayed legs and an all over green finish with red bucket and rams. Again a mock up/pre-production model as above

9536 details as 9598 above (no tractor) same colour, right through to end of production, deleted end of 1992

9838 Autoway with splayed legs, black frame, yellow dipper and bucket and red rams

9598 with TW20/7710, straight legs, blue frame and rams, orange dipper and bucket

9603 Volvo BM 2554, straight legs, silver frame, red rams, yellow dipper and bucket. Deleted end of year

9613 Deutz Dx92 & Front Loader System, straight legs, dark grey frame, red dipper and bucket, yellow rams

9598 Ford 7710 as above (1985) deleted end of year

9613 Deutz Dx92 as above (1986) silver frame, yellow dipper and bucket, red rams, 760 badge to side of dipper, deleted end of 1988

This is by no means exhaustive, see previous posts. I was under the, mistaken, impression that the 760 decals were used after production of the combine had moved to Macau, but this did not happen until 1998 approximately, and the rear digger was dropped well before this. With regard the colour variations, this is most likely Britains using up old stocks of parts.

They always command a highish price on eBay in my experience

Fin

Just spotted a few on eBay, there is a Autoway one for £80 and a Deutz with orange and blue Excavator for £175, i remember getting one for my 10th birthday, never fought back then it would be worth so much in the future, wishing I hadn't sold it,

Did you call? I don't know too much about these other than straight legs to, as you put it, fit boxes, and splayed legs which came boxed all on there lonesome. the Autoway version only ever came in the splayed leg version as far as I am aware, unless someone knows different of course ::)

Okay, I looked in a few trade catalogues for you, here goes;

9838 Autoway version was shown with splayed legs and all over in yellow with black rams and bucket. It is an obvious mock up/pre-production model

9598 with TW20. With splayed legs and an all over green finish with red bucket and rams. Again a mock up/pre-production model as above

9536 details as 9598 above (no tractor) same colour, right through to end of production, deleted end of 1992

9838 Autoway with splayed legs, black frame, yellow dipper and bucket and red rams

9598 with TW20/7710, straight legs, blue frame and rams, orange dipper and bucket

9603 Volvo BM 2554, straight legs, silver frame, red rams, yellow dipper and bucket. Deleted end of year

9613 Deutz Dx92 & Front Loader System, straight legs, dark grey frame, red dipper and bucket, yellow rams

9598 Ford 7710 as above (1985) deleted end of year

9613 Deutz Dx92 as above (1986) silver frame, yellow dipper and bucket, red rams, 760 badge to side of dipper, deleted end of 1988

This is by no means exhaustive, see previous posts. I was under the, mistaken, impression that the 760 decals were used after production of the combine had moved to Macau, but this did not happen until 1998 approximately, and the rear digger was dropped well before this. With regard the colour variations, this is most likely Britains using up old stocks of parts.

They always command a highish price on eBay in my experience

Fin

Thanks Paul 8)

Just spotted a few on eBay, there is a Autoway one for £80 and a Deutz with orange and blue Excavator for £175, i remember getting one for my 10th birthday, never fought back then it would be worth so much in the future, wishing I hadn't sold it,

I saw the one at £ 175 which in my opinion is vastly overpriced especially given the condition of the box :huh:

Ooh would love the TW20 /7710 with the green/red digger

Could be a bit like trying to find a needle in a haystack Chris but good luck with your search ;D ;D

Im looking for one of these to slap on the rear of my Britains Ford 7710.

I'm sure you will be able to pick up an unboxed one Justin.

• 4 months later...

£8.99!!!!!!!!!!!!! where are you finding all these bargain priced Britains Bill? ;)

Do I win the prize for "First to spot the mistake by someone" Deutz is/was upside down in box or is it box is upside down around Deutz?

The £ 8.99 was the postage asked but I beat the seller down on that Paul ;D ;D ..well I could send you a G&M carrier bag I must have many duplicates...now then I wonder who much per bag I could sell them back to Graham & Michelle for :huh: