New Holland T8 - Britains or Siku?

Barry

Which is the better model?

The Siku T8 or the Britains T8?

I was sure I had seen a topic on her comparing the two, but just spent 40 work minutes looking for it, can't find nothing!!!!!!

I'm edging towards the Britains model as I have taken a T8040 apart and modified it before, and want to get the T8 and put new boots on etc.

Anybody got any pictures of the two?

There was a review in model farmer a couple of issues ago if you get that - plenty of photos there.

I'd say the Britains is the better one for conversion - it has a much better front axle and has the extended wheel arches at the back as well. The one thing it does miss is the four additional work lamps at the base of the front of the bonnet. The Siku is a great toy and very robust but doesn't have the fine detail you are probably looking for. The LCN version is better but I'd still go with the Britains.

Thanks Ol.

I would never have noticed the lights.

Are they an option on the T8, as having googled some pictures, I found a few pictures of the tractor with and without the lights.

I probably could make the piece that the 4 lights are in and add it to the model :)

Britains model

post-797-0-74884900-1342614745_thumb.jpg

T8.390 with no lights

post-797-0-35127500-1342614765_thumb.jpg

T8.390 with lights

post-797-0-01593600-1342614841_thumb.jpg

I think they are an option but all the Uk versions I have seen have them. I think they probably down spec them in the US v the UK.

If you are planning to upgrade a Britains model with better boots etc, I'd be interested in one as well. I have neither the skill or patience to do a decent job but would really like one if you fancy doing two together?

You could also do a brazil spec T8 - they are just a blue magnum. http://agriculture.newholland.com/br/pt/WNH/news/Pages/2011_maior-trator-do-brasil-chega-ao-cerrado_News.aspx

I think they are an option but all the Uk versions I have seen have them. I think they probably down spec them in the US v the UK.

If you are planning to upgrade a Britains model with better boots etc, I'd be interested in one as well. I have neither the skill or patience to do a decent job but would really like one if you fancy doing two together?

You could also do a brazil spec T8 - they are just a blue magnum. http://agriculture.n...rrado_News.aspx

looking at the brazilian website i see they still do the tm series,always nice to see what other countries and continents get compared to the good old uk

I don't think NH is that big in Brazil -all JD,Case and Valmet. I guess they want to make the NH as similar to the Case to try and gt som sales.

Presumably the TMs are made in brazil now

I only got the Britains T8 last week & its a fine model. Could have got the Siku also on the day cause the shop had both. I compared them there & then & it was the Britains straight away without a dought. The detail is far better on the Britains (cab interior especially) the rims are better etc. Big bonus is that the Britains was also 10 quid cheaper. The Siku is purely for the carpet farmer. But solid built guailty as are all Siku models.

I also looked at it from another prospective. If you do collect NH model tractors,then the Britains T8 will display well with the other Britains NHs in your collection & even the UH & ROS NHs. The Siku might look a bit outa place in the middle of the Britains .

Edited by justy 46

• 3 weeks later...
Posted · Hidden by The Tractor Twitcher, August 6, 2012 - Not constructive towards the topic
Hidden by The Tractor Twitcher, August 6, 2012 - Not constructive towards the topic

I was sure I had seen a topic on her comparing the two, but just spent 40 work minutes looking for it, can't find nothing!!!!!!