Help wanted with Britain's No 9511Helicopter

BC

Yesterday I took delivery of the Britain's ICI spraying helicopter and removed it from the box and fitted the two additional rotors from the back of the box for a photo shoot. Now I wish I had not since I cannot seem to remove them. Maybe it is just clumsy fingered me but I scared I end up breaking them off.

I have considered 3 option's

1) Dip the rotor head in hot / boiling water to make the plastic more pliable

2) Apply heat with a hair drier ...but maybe that could melt the plastic

3) Leave then on and hang the model from the roof as my one of my only Britain's models on display.

Any ideas on what I should do :huh:

P1020929.jpg

P1020930.jpg

you could try the hot water trick but dont leave it submerged too long as it may distaught the colour a bit . this happened to me a while back when i tried to seperate a renault 145 bonnet . it was left with light coloured blotches across it :-

gentle heat with a hair dryer, and then pull away, if still a bit tight, warm again and just widen the grips with a small screw driver to widen them a smidge , make sure the drier is on the lowest heat mind ,or keep it away as they will melt the plastic if to hot / close . used this method on several plastic models inc britains over the years,

if your follicaly challenged bill ::):laugh: :laugh: :laugh: , you better go to cost co and buy one, or pop to mothers

• 1 month later...

gentle heat with a hair dryer, and then pull away, if still a bit tight, warm again and just widen the grips with a small screw driver to widen them a smidge , make sure the drier is on the lowest heat mind ,or keep it away as they will melt the plastic if to hot / close . used this method on several plastic models inc britains over the years,

Two blades sucessfully removed with heat and a help of a little screwdriver. Thanks for the advice Sean.

Edited by BC