Valley Axeman's 1/16th collection

Valley Axe Man

Especially for you Joe...... A pair of Yellow Beasts....... a  DBP County 954 with Duncan cab by Andy Sewell, that is the prime mover for my Classic combines Shawnie Poole dump trailer, A combination ordered and built in memory of my dad.  A trailed ripper is also part of this set. Next to a another DBP, a County 1124.

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

• Like 3

Spectacular line up Paul. Absolutely adore the 954 and Shawnee Poole dump trailer. 8)

Thanks David, There only one problem with having alot of 1/16th...... an thats storing it all, most of it doesn't see light of day........ but it'll all get posted on here by the time i'm finished :)

Thanks David, There only one problem with having alot of 1/16th...... an thats storing it all, most of it doesn't see light of day........ but it'll all get posted on here by the time i'm finished :)

You're very welcome Paul, amazing collection, and it's been great to see some of it at the shows I attended last year. Whilst 1/32nd scale items will always be my preferred choice, now that I have a lot more space to play with where i'm currently based i'm very tempted to add a few more 1/16th models to my collection over and above the UH County tractors I have. Especially having seen your collection and Pony29's ( Christian's ) collection. Certainly plenty of inspiration to get me thinking. :)

• Like 1

Sounds like it could get a bit expensive for you David..... Especially if you start talking to Andy Sewell, i only really set out to buy a rotoflail and weeks silage trailer, but 5 years or so down the line there are various expensive builds with my name penciled in beside them!! 1/16th has come on a long way in recent years, admittedly UH make one or two mistakes as they do in 1/32nd but my advice would be, if you've deep shelves, and deeper pockets then go for it bud!!

• Like 1

Next up another Blue..... but not a Ford or Fordson, a Leyland 384, by RJN Classics and heavily worked on by Andy at Classic combines, with the addition of a loader, a Duncan cab, and rear oil drum counter weight. A loader wasn't much use without atttachments so Andy supplied a muck fork, dirt bucket and Ritchie flat 8 bale grab. This is another model thats on Andys website, also in the pipeline for attachments were a bale spike and Andy has mentioned a couple of other ideas so time will tell

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0386.jpg

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Like 1

I'll take some better pics of the Ritchie grab David, I struggling to find a decent match for a 1/16th scale bale, unless i have a go and try and make my own. Glad you like the Leyland, there a few Nuffields an a couple more Leylands floating in the collection somewhere. :)

Edited by Valley Axe Man